Him and Me- Eighteen.

Kyle looked at me briefly with an incredulous expression on his face before focusing back on the road. I just stared back stubbornly, and folded my arms across my chest.

"How," he said in a low tone, "could you even think that lollipops are better than gummy bears?"

Raising my eyebrow, I replied snottily, "Well it's my own opinion mister. Leave my taste buds alone!"

We were seated inside Kyle's car, and were just pulling to a stop at the school parking lot. After that wonderful meal at the unnamed coffee shop, we headed back to school to get my truck. Kyle and I had spent the twenty minute drive talking and arguing about silly things, the topic now being which is a better candy: a lolly, or a gummy bear. Yes the two were totally different candies, and we probably shouldn't be comparing them, but we were enjoying ourselves too much to care if we were thinking like kids right now.

Kyle shook his head and thumped his head against the headrest in a dramatic fashion, his hands still gripping the steering wheel. He turned towards me and I saw the playful gleam in his eyes. "You have a weird set of taste buds."

I cracked up laughing at that, which resulted in Kyle's smug look before laughing as well. Looked like he won this round. Scratching at the itch at my nose, my laughter subsided and I glance at the clock display on Kyle's dashboard. 5:40pm. Not that late, but I was usually home at 6pm, so if you look at it at that angle, it was kinda late. Looked like I had to be going home. After unbuckling my seatbelt, I turned to Kyle and said apologetically, "I better get home."

His eyes flicked to the clock as well, and he nodded. "Yeah, okay."

I grabbed my bag from the floor and smiled up at Kyle. "Thanks for introducing that cafe to me. It was a great place."

Kyle smiled back and with a nod of his head said, "You're welcome."

Slipping out of the car, I smiled at Kyle once more and waved, peeking through the window from the outside. He laughed and waved back, and with that, I turned and walked to my truck. As I reached inside my bag for my keys, I stopped when I walked by Colby's motorbike. 

He was still here?

I looked at Colby's bike as I walked, wondering what he could still be possibly doing at school. Finals were over hours ago. Maybe he went for another swim or something. Finally I fished my keys out of my bag, and continued to my truck, which was parked not far away.

Whistling to myself, I unlocked the door and slipped inside. While opening the window, I heard a voice called out, "Hey."

I peered from the window, sticking my head out, and expecting to see someone standing near my truck. There was no one though, and my eyebrows scrunched. Was it possible to hallucinate after you had eaten so much food and drank so much hot chocolate? 

But then I heard another sound, a thump. It sounded like it was coming from the back of my truck, and I felt the anxiety pick up. Someone was trying to get in to my truck? Sure, it was easy to get on board since it had an open back, but why the heck would anyone do that? 

Gingerly my hand shot out and reached for the folded umbrella that was perched on the passenger seat. If someone was trying to do something to my truck, that someone would surely feel the wrath of me, and my umbrella!

I got out of the truck and walked slowly towards its back, holding the umbrella close to my side while trying not to make too much noise by avoiding the leaves and twigs that was scattered on the ground. When I reached the back of my truck, I raised the umbrella in front of me like a weapon, and walked again slowly, closer to the metal door. Around me, it was eerily quiet, and momentarily I imagined a crazed axe murderer wearing a hockey mask suddenly appearing out of nowhere and butchering me to death.