Him and Me- Forty One.

Someone was poking my cheek.

Shutting my eyes tighter, I whacked at whatever it was with my hand, but I caught nothing but air. It stopped, and I was just settling in when the poking started again. Wrinkling my nose, I placed a hand on my exposed cheek and grumpily opened my eyes.

What met them?

A happily grinning Colby, who was still laying in bed with me.

My heart immediately skipped a few beats. The guy I liked was laying beside me, and I couldn’t say anything about it. Not that I wanted to, anyway. Before I fell asleep, wrapped up in Colby’s arms, I knew that this friendship was far too precious and dear to my heart. I could not in any way, shape or form mess it up.

Even if I could say something about how I felt, I wasn’t sure if I could do it. I’d probably be too scared. It was funny, people always say that you should say how you feel. Easier said than done.

That was probably why it had always just been said.

I was no longer in his arms, and I was disappointed, but I pushed it away and frowned. It would be hard to ignore my fondness of this boy, but I would do it. I needed to. For our friendship.

“What did you do that for?” I asked, furrowing my brows. He was still close to me though, and I could just remember how it felt for those arms to be wrapped around me. Mentally, I groaned. If I kept up with these thoughts, I would be making this a whole lot harder for myself.

I couldn’t help it, though.

“To wake you up,” he replied, still grinning. He looked cute and sort of creepy at the same time. At the sight, I found myself wanting to smile. Our eyes met, and my stomach quivered. What this boy did to my brain, and to my heart, I couldn’t even understand. It made me ache, both in a good and a bad way.

“What time is it?” I asked, shifting to my back and in the process, pulling my gaze away from his. A yawn suddenly escaped me, and I didn’t manage to cover my mouth with my hands.

“Attractive,” Colby commented, and I could just hear the smirk in his voice. Despite my blazing cheeks, I  managed to roll my eyes at him.

“It’s a little over 10,” he added. I raised my eyebrows and glanced at him briefly.

“I thought it should be noon or something,” I said, blinking up to the ceiling.

The bed shifted, and I snuck a glance at the side Colby was occupying. He had sat up and was stretching his arms over his head. I noticed how his back and arm muscles rippled at the movement, even being covered in a piece of clothing. Blushing, I tore my eyes away.

I watched as Colby proceeded to the foot of the bed and sat there. He then turned his torso and our eyes met. He smiled, and it was beautiful and my breath caught in my throat.

“Breakfast should be ready,” he declared. He stood up and stretched once again, his shirt raising up and revealing a strip of tanned skin, just above the top of his boxers. I cursed inside my head and never had I wanted to tear my hair out any more than at that moment.

Being a hormonal teenager did not help my situation. Not at all.

Colby spun around and curled his hands around his hips. For someone who had just been in bed, he looked incredibly good. His hair was messier than usual, but his eyes were their common bright orbs and there was that smirk on his face. It seemed so long ago that I found that smirk to be very annoying. Now, it could still be annoying, but it was so attractive.

Feeling stupid laying there just staring at him, I sat up, leaning against the head board. My hair was probably unruly and there might be something embarrassing on my face, like pillow creases maybe, or a trail of drool down my chin. Running a hand through my hair in an attempt to tame it, I discreetly rubbed a hand against my chin to erase if there were drool marks there.