Chapter 2

*Adrian*
I just couldn't believe it. It was her. I had so many questions going through my head, so many things I wanted to tell her. I'll ask her tomorrow though, because she looked exhausted. Marienette had taken her up to her room and settled her in before coming back downstairs to me.

"I just can't believe it... Where did she go? Why?" I said, looking to Marie.

"I don't know Adrian... I hate to say this, but could it be something Hawkmoth has come up with? To distract us?" She said, sitting on the bed.

"Marienette, that's my mother," I said. She put her hands up.

"I know! I'm just saying, it's possible," She said.

"No it's not. That's my mom, not a Akuma. I would know," I said.

"Would you?" She asked, looking to me.

"Of course I would," I said.

"Alright then," She said, standing and walking out.

"What are you doing?" I asked, following her.

"I was going to get ready for patrol, you know, the thing we do almost every night?" She giggled, walking over to where Tikki sitting. "Ready Tikki?" She said. Tikki didn't look up, so Marienette nudged her. "Tikki!" She exclaimed, taking the small Kwami in her hands.

"Marienette," Tikki said faintly.

"Whats wrong with you?" Marinette said, worry in her voice.

"I don't know," The kwami said softly. Marienette looked to me with panic in her eyes.

"Plagg!" I called out, watching him fly over to me.

"Tikki! What's happened to you!" He said, seeing Tikki's state and flying to her.

"Can you tell us what happened?" Marienette said to Plagg, her face draining of color.

"She seems to be drained of energy," Plagg said. "Perhaps a cookie would help," Plagg suggested. Marienette shook her head, putting Tikki into my hands and running off to the kitchen. "Something is very wrong Adrian," Plagg said once Marie had left the room.

"What's wrong with her?" I asked, nudging Tikki.

"I dont know, but Marienette can't transform with Tikki like this, it would effect her," Plagg said. "What happened Tikki?" Tikki said something that I couldn't make out, but Plagg heard it.

"Here Tikki," Marienette said, running into the room with a cookie. Tikki gladly took it, eating it in only four bites.

"She's being effected by Hawkmoth," Plagg said.

"How!" Marienette cried out, looking to Plagg. Tikki whispered something to him, but it was so quiet, only e heard it.

"When he captured you, he knocked you out right? Well, in the little time you were unconscious, he took the chance and forced you to absorb an Akuma, and it's slowly chipping away at Tikki," Plagg explained.

"That was over a year ago! Why would it start doing this now?" Marientte asked Plagg.

"He controls the Akumas," Plagg stated. Marienette looked to me before looking to Tikki.

"I'm sorry," she said quietly.

"It's not your fault Marienette," Tikki said.

"Why don't we skip patrol tonight, and see how she is in the morning," I said to Marienette, placing my hand on her shoulder. She nodded and put the kwami on the little pink bed she'd made for her.

"I'll stay with her," Plagg said, landing next to the small bed.

"Alright. Come on Marie, let's go," I said, taking her hand and guiding her to her room. Yes, she has her own room. "Everything will be alright," I said, hugging her.

"I dont know Adrian, will it?" She asked, her eyes glittering.

"Yes, it will. Try to get some sleep love bug," I said, giving her a kiss.

*Marienette*
"Stupid girl" a voice rang out. I looked around, darkness circling me. "You actually thought you defeated me?" It said again. I turned, trying to find the voice. "Think again," it boomed, scaring me.

"Who are you?" I yelled out to no where.

"Who am I?" The voice said, sounding more like a woman. "Who am I?" It repeated, the voice shaping into my own. It sounded like me. "Why, I'm you of course," it said, lurking out of the shadows and in front of me.

It was me. The same black hair, the same blue eyes, but my usual red earrings, were black.

"You're... Me?" I said, looking at the decoy.

"Not entirely. I'm the Akuma that surfaces inside of you. I'm an evil you, if you prefer," she... I, said.

"You're not me," I stated, disbelief in my voice.

"Really?" I said, a black wave moving over it until it became Ladybug. It wasn't Ladybug though, it was Misfortune. The white suit with black dots, I'd know it anywhere.

"You!" I called out, moving backwards.

"Correct, you. Misfortune will come your way, little Marienette. Be ready," she said, disappearing back into the shadows.

I bolted up, looking around. Was she here? Is she real? Questions like these formed on my brain as I tried to calm down. It was just a dream. Right?

Ooooooooo this is getting interesting... Hehe. I'm sorry for not making a Valentines chapter, but honestly, I didn't have the time. Everything's going ramped right now, and I couldn't find time. Forgive me? Goodnight everyone!
---Maddie