Chapter 4

*Adrian*
"So, do you think we should wake her up?" I asked excitedly. Marienette rolled her eyes as she bit into her breakfast sandwich.

"Adrain, let the woman rest! She's had a long..... Few days," she said.

"Yeah, your probably right. She probably just needs rest, and time, and food. Maybe we should neon her food? Or maybe not, I dont know..." I paused, seeing Marienetttes face change to angry. I know that because her face gets all red and her eyebrows scrunch up. She looks really cute when she does it.

"Go away," she mumbled. I looked at her, confused. Had I said something? "Not you!" She cried out, looking at me.

"Marienette, who else would it be?" I questioned.

"It's her, isn't," Tikki said, looking up to Marie from the table. Marienette looked wide eyed at Tikki. She sighed before nodding.

"Her?" I said.

"Adrian... I'll let Marienette tell you," Tikki said quietly, flying out of the room. I looked t Marie, concerned.

"Princess?" I said, taking her hand in mine. She looked at the floor.

"Adrian... Gah! I didn't want to tell you!" She exclaimed.

"Tell me what?" I said.

"That... That...." She paused, biting her lip. "That there's....."

"Marienette, just say it. I promise not to try to act irrationally," I chuckled, mostly to myself.

"That there's a little black butterfly, inside," she said. "Inside..."

"A little black butterfly? An Akuma? Inside what Marienette?" I said, getting a little impatient.

"Me!" She said, her angered face turning sad. Tears formed in her eyes as she lept forward into my arms.

I stood, stunned. Is that even possible? To have an Akuma... Inside you? I looked down to her as she cried softly. I took her into my arms, rubbing soft circles on her back.

"Hey, it's okay," I said. "We can find a way to fix this... I think," I said, unsure myself.

"This Akuma shows me the other me... Misfortune as she calls herself. I dont know if they're hallucinations or something else, but I see her. The first time was last night," she said, looking up to me.

"When you came to my room," I said, putting the pieces together. "How did he do it?" I asked.

"That day, almost a year and a half ago," she said, sniffling.

"I'll kill him," I said softly, wiping her tears. "And everyone of his little black butterfly's," I said, cupping her face. She looked up to me, sadness clear in her eyes.

"Y-you're not mad at me for not telling you?" She said. I shook my head as I chuckled.

"Marienette, I'm pretty sure that it's impossible for me to be mad at you," I said. She laughed as she hugged me.

"This Akuma inside of me," she paused, pulling away and looking up. "Shows me myself, but the other me, the akumatized one. Misfortune," she said. "She talks to me and stuff, that's why I said 'go away'. She was bothering me," she said softly. I took her hand in mine.

"Hey, we'll get through this okay?" I said. She nodded. "Now come on, let's not worry about it right now," I said. She nodded, giving me a kiss on the cheek before walking off.

Everything is not fine. I'll kill him. I don't care if he's my father, I'll kill him. I'll fix this Marienette. That bastard won't get away with this...
---
"So, Lila, how are you feeling today?" Marienette said with a soft smile.

"Much better than yesterday, thank you for asking," Mother said back. They chatted as I thought. How? How can I help Marienette?

"Adrian? Are you alright?" Marienette said, putting her hand on mine.

"Of course! Everything's great," I said, a smile forming on my face. I could tell she knew I was lying, but went along with it anyways.

"Hey Lila?" Marienette said, getting her attention. "What's your favorite color?" This got them talking on why colors go with what. I tuned them out, zoning into my own world. Think Adrian!

Hia everyone! Been a long time since I said that! Well, I'm pretty sure this was a sucky chapter, so I already know. My internet went out, and I couldn't even wrote off line! It was terrible. We got it fixed though! Alright, goodnight everyone!
---Maddie