Chapter 12

How did you find my books? I want to know your story!!
*Adrian*

"Natalie?" I asked.

"Yes Adrian?"

"Where is Marienette?"

"She had to go out,"

"When will she be back?"

"Soon,"

"Natalie?"

"Yes Adrian?"

"Where is Marienette?"

"Adrian, I've answered this question seven times,"

"I know... I'm bored when she's not here,"

"She'll be back soon,"

"I know,"

"Then why must you pester me?"

"Because I'm bored,"

---

I heard the door open from my office. I shot up and ran to the door, picking Marienette up bridal style and spinning her around.

"Woah!" She cried out. "Adrian! Put me down!"

"I missed you!" I said, looking her in the eyes.

"Adrian, I was gone for the day. How much can you miss someone in a day?" She asked.

"To me, a lot," I said.

"Can you put me down?" She laughed. I chuckled as I set her on her feet.

"So, what did you do?" I asked curiously.

"Adrian, I just walked through the door, give me a second okay?" She said. I nodded and looked down, pouting. She rolled her eyes and kissed my cheek. "It's not like i'm leaving again. You're such a baby," She said with a smile.

"I'm your ba-"

"Don't. Just, don't" She said, cutting me off. She giggled as she went up to her room. I went back into the office to review designs for an up coming fashion show. Everything had to be perfect. Really fancy people with really fancy opinions are going to be there.

The fashion show would either make the Gabrielle Agreste Company more popular, or put it down in the dumps. The fashion designs were created by Marie. They were Winter themed, and very pretty.

"Alright, what do you want?" She asked, sitting down on the couch, facing me.

"Just wanted to know what you did," I said.

"I got fabric," she said, hiking up her pointer finger. She continued to count on her hand as she listed off a bunch of supplies for making cloths. "You won't believe who I saw there," she said.

"Where and who?" I asked.

"At the library. I saw Nathaniel!" She said. If by Nathaniel she meant Marienette wannabe-lover, than yes, I knew him.

"Really? What did he say?" I asked curiously.

"He just said Hi really. He's still shy," she said. "What're you doing?"

"Going over your gorgeous designs," I said. She giggled.

"See anything you like?" She asked with a smile. I looked at the sketches intensely, making her let out a small laugh.

"This hat," I said, pointing to a black sun hat. "That's a nice hat," I said. She shook her head as she laughed.
---
Marienette had been swamped with projects, always sewing and stitching. Natalie said I shouldn't distract her, but it's boring, so I snuck in.

"Hello Adrian," she said, not even looking to see that it was me. "I was wondering when you would disobey Natalie's orders," she giggled, facing me. Her hair was messed up in some spots, and her hands had band aids. She looked like she haven't slept for a while.

"I think you're overworking yourself," I said, walking over to her. She wiped her face with the sleeve of her shirt and looked up at me.

"These have to be done, and until then, I must keep working," she I said. I looked into her big blue orbs. Concentration, determination, all thing I saw. I sighed.

"At least take a lunch break," I said. She smiled softly and set down the needle.

*Lila*
"So? How's it going?" She said, coming out of nowhere.

"Won't you just leave me alone," I said to her. I was reading, and preferred my quiet.

"Not until Hawkmoth has both miraculous's, you know this," her voice echoed throughout the room. I looked up, seeing her blue eyes peer over the top of the book.

"I haven't found them yet,"

"No, you're not looking,"

"You're right, I'm not going to just go up to my future daughter-in-law-to-be and take hers and my sons life away. That's not right, not on any levels. Tell Hawkmoth that he should think of his son, if he even has a heart anymore," I said before going back to my book. Little did I know, a certain bug had be listening from the door.

It's short, and it's really late. Two bad things that shouldn't go together, but have at this moment. I'm on a trip, and was super busy, and never had time to write. Ever. Literally. I'm on the bus ride home, which is 8 hours, so I should write a little more. Bye!
---Maddie