Chapter 18

*Adrian*

Everything came crashing down. You know when you have that feeling? When your heart stops, and you forget how to breath? I felt like I was drowning in a sea of nothing. Tears poured from my eye as i sat on the ground, looking to my hands. There was nothing I could do. I felt helpless. I couldn't help Marienette. You had one job, Adrian. You can't even protect Marienette, your love. If you can't do that, then what are you good for? Questions ran through my head at 90 miles an hour. 

"Adrian, you need to calm down," I heard Plagg say. That made me cry harder. I felt like an idiot. Now Marie's gone, and I couldn't even save her. I was trembling. It's just like when Lila went missing before. I couldn't eat. Couldn't sleep. Everything felt wrong, just as it does now. And to think, that she was the cause of this. 

"Adrian, you need to-" but I cut Plagg off. 

"I can't!" I shouted, throwing my head into my hands. My vision was blurred. My head felt like it had hit a wall, but it didn't bother me much. 

"You need to. You can't save her if you're in this state," He said, sending me a sad smile. 

"She's gone Plagg, I don't even know where to start," I said, looking up to him. 

"Start with your mother. She knows Hawkmoth better then we do. Go to her and confront her. We'll go from there," he said. I scowled, anger filling inside me. 

"She's the last person I want to see at the moment," I snapped. 

"Remember what Marienette said to you?" he said. I knew what he was thinking of. Marienette told me to forgive her, right before she.... "You don't want to disappoint Marienette, do you?" 

"Of course I don't Plagg!" I said angrily. "But it's going to take a lot for her to regain my forgiveness," I said, standing up. I brushed myself off and wiped my tear stained face. "Come on," I said, opening my coat pocket. He smiled and flew in. I walked in silence back to the mansion. I don't even know what i'm going to say to her. 

We reached the door and I opened it, looking inside before walking in and closing the door. Lila appeared from one of the side rooms. Her eyes glistened with tears. 

"Adrian, i'm so-" she started, but i held up my hand, causing her to stop. I spoke carefully, but harsh enough to tell her that I was serious. 

"You're going to help me get her back. You know Hawkmoth more than I do, you fell in love with him. I know where his old hideout was, but something tells me that you know where his new one is. You'll take me there, and help me." I said. 

"B... but it's not that easy!" She exclaimed. I looked right into her eyes. 

"That wasn't an offer. Grab your coat, it's chilly out," I said, turning and throwing her coat to her that hung on the coat rack. I opened the door and Plagg zoomed out. 

"Maybe you should go as Chat Noir," He said. I nodded. It would probably be safer for both me and Lila. 

"Plagg, claws out!" I exclaimed, transforming into my alter ego. I felt a lot more agile and brave as Chat. Which is probably a good thing, because I'm absolutely terrified.  Suddenly, Rinni flew by my head and in front of my face. The peacock kwami looked determined. For what, im not sure. 

"I'm going with you," She said. I thought about it. What good will she do? Can Lila transform? I didn't think so, but it's better to be safe. 

"Be with your owner then, just don't cause trouble," I said softly. She saluted and flew behind me, to Lila I presume. I turned, seeing the blue kwami disappear into the coat. "Are you ready?" I asked, crossing my arms. 

"Yeah.... I guess," She said, sounding unsure. 

"Good. Where do we go?" I asked. 

"Have you ever been to the old observatory? It's just down the road from your school," She said. I'd never heard of it, but we walked to the school. it was complete silence. I didn't have anything to say to her. Im pretty sure she understands my forwardness. I can't trust her anymore. I'm being forced to follow her, so I hope to god she's taking me to the correct place. 

We walked past the school and to the woods in the back. Lila pushed back some bushes, revealing a hidden road. I walked ahead of her, in case Hawkmoth knew we were coming and set up a trap. We walked cautiously on the dirt path until we cam upon an observatory. 

"Looks like you were telling the truth," I said. She looked down as we walked ahead. I found the door to get in, and surveyed it from the trees. There were in fact cameras, so how was I going to do this? 

"There's a hidden passage, if you want to get in that way," She spoke up. I sent her a look. 

"You couldn't have said that before?" I said in a monotone voice. 

"I forgot about it honestly," She said. "It's this way," She said, walking through the trees in a different direction. I'm coming Marienette, stay strong. For me.... please. Please be there.

Hey guys! I just got back from my vacation, so chapters should be rolling in. If you have any cover edits for either of my books, send them to me! I'd love to show them! Fan art's welcome also! Alright, going to go now. Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. 

---Maddie

PS WATTPAD DELETED MY CHAPTER AND I HAD TO RE-WRITE IT I CRIED IT WAS AWFUL. Okay, bye.