Chapter 3

*Marienette*
I couldn't fall asleep again. The image of her, and her voice, they haunted me. I sat up, looking at the time.

1:30 am.

I got up, looking at myself in the mirror. My hair was tangled and knotted, my eyes wide awake. I sighed, walking out of my room and closing the door quietly. I walked down to Adrian's room, opening the door. It creaked slightly, waking him.

"Marienette?" He said, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

"I'm sorry to wake you up, but can I stay in here?" I asked, my voice barely a whisper. He must've sensed something was wrong, because he sat up and looked at me.

"Sure," he was with a smile, scooting over. I smiled weakly before closing the door and walking over to the bed, getting in. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"I'll tell you in the morning," I said. He nodded.

"I'll be waiting," he said, pulling me close to him. It made me feel safe, and I finally got some rest.
---
I woke up before Adrian, as usual. He was snuggled up to me, our foreheads touching. His blond hair swept over his face, covering his eyes. It sounds creepy, but he's cute when he sleeps.

"Marienette, it's impolite to stare at people," he said, his voice startling me.

"This doesn't count, your my boyfriend," I said softly. He yawned and say up, brushing the hair from his eyes and to its normal place. "Wait! Stop!" I cried out with a giggle. He glared at me as I messed with his hair. "You look like Chat Noir," I said, laughing as he got up and looked in the mirror.

"What did you do to my hair!" He exclaimed dramatically, fixing it.

"Whatever, Chloe," I mumbled.

"What was that?" He said, hearing me.

"Nothing!" I said, getting up and fixing my hair into its normal two pigtails.

"Mhm," he hummed. "So, what was all that about last night?" He asked.

"It was... Just a bad dream, that's all," I said. He gave me a look, but didn't ask again. "I'm going to go check up on Tikki," I said, giving him a short kiss before walking over to the other room.

Tikki and Plagg laid there, snuggled up together. They were so cute, I didn't want to wake them. I gently nudged Plagg with my finger.

"Get up sleepy heads," I whispered. He groaned, opening one big eye.

"Marienette," he said, rolling over. I giggled softly as I picked Tikki up tenderly, nudging her aswell.

"Good morning Marienette," she said softly.

"How are you feeling today?" I asked.

"A lot better compared to yesterday," she said with a soft smile. I could tell she was still half asleep, so I put her back down and let her get some rest, Plagg joining her.

I turned to walk out of the room but gasped as I saw her.

"Good morning indeed!" She said, an evil smirk on her face.

"What are you? A hallucination? A projection?" She was back to looking like me, Marienette. Same cloths, hair, eyes. We could be twins and no one would know.

"No, I'm a little black butterfly that lives inside you, slowly eating and picking away at you," She said with a smile.

"Go away," I said. I don't need her commentary.

"If that's what you wish," she said, disappearing into a small cloud of smoke.

"Uh, who're you talking to?" Adrian said, popping his head through the door.

"Uh, Tikki. She says she feels a lot better today," I said. It wasn't a total lie... I wasn't going to tell Adrian that there's darkness inside of me, he would just worry and act irrationally. I know it's because he cares about me, it's why I love him, but I won't say anything unless I really need to.

"That's great!" He said.

"Want me to make breakfast?" I said, already knowing the answer.

"Yes please!" He exclaimed, hoping out of the room.

"You cant just make me go away" she said, lurking the the back of my mind.

"I can certainly try," I said to myself.

Shorter than usual, I know. Don't hate me, school sucks. I stayed up later than I planned cause of stupid homework. I have a big test tomorrow too, but, oh well. Also, what do you all think about Marie's doppelgänger? Hehehehheh. Goodnight!
---Maddie