Chapter 5

*Marienette*
"You just don't go away, do you?" I asked. She just laughed, throwing back her head.

"You just don't get it, do you? I'm in here," she said, pointing to my chest. "I don't go away,"

"Why are you even here?" I asked, annoyed by her presence.

"To bug you, irritate you, annoy you, hurt you," she said, counting off on her fingers. I sighed as I put my head in my hands. "Drive you insane," she whispered.

"Leave me alone," I said. "I have things I have to do,"

"So do I," she said, a smirk playing on her lips. A sharp pain erupted from my chest, sending what felt like bolts of electricity through my body. I felt paralyzed, unable to move. I couldn't even cry out. I hunched over in pain, waiting for it to stop. When it did, I looked up. She looked at me innocently.

"No hard feelings?" She said. I growled as she chuckled and disappeared. The pain following after her.
---
"Alya!" I exclaimed, running over and hugging my best friend.

"Ninno!" Adrian said, walking over to him and doing the bro handshake thing they do.

"Dude!" Ninno said, going off into their own little conversation.

"Marienette! It feels like it's been forever since we graduated!" Alya said, giving me a tight hug.

"It was only a few months ago Alya," I chuckled.

"I know, but I missed you," she said with a smile.

"I missed you too," I said, smiling back. Suddenly, Adrian and Ninno both bursted into loud laughter, capturing our attention. "What's so funny?"

"Ninno just brought up prom, and what happened," Adrian said, bursting into another fit of laughter, Ninno and Alya joining them. My face warmed up. This is so embarrassing!

"It wasn't my fault!" I cried out.

"Marie, you managed to cover yourself in the punch and then fall onto the feather decorations?" Alya said, recalling.

"I don't remember any of that. I've suppressed those memories," I said, earning laughs from the group.
---
Alya and Ninno had left a few hours ago, saying that they were visiting other friends before going back to their house. Yeah, they got together. It is adorable. Lilia, Adrian's mother, said she had something to take care of in town about half an hour ago, leaving me and Adrian alone. We were casually talking when Natalie walked in.

"Marienette, you have a visitor," she said. I looked at Adrian, confusion washing over me. I got up and followed Natalie into the front room.

A certain blond haired rich girl stood there, patently waiting.

"Chloe?" I said, looking at her. She looked up, smiling slightly.

"Hello Marienette. Been a while, hasn't it?" She said, looking me up and down, as if she was holding back an insult. I was questioning everything. Why was she being so.... Not her?

"Yeah, I guess it has. You said you wanted to talk to me?" I said.

"I'm... I'm sorry, for being a jerk," she said, a little snobby. Chloe was... Apologizing? Since when?

"I'm flattered, but what's got you so grief stricken?" I asked, knowing something was up.

"Well... Daddy said that if I don't apologize to everyone I was mean to, he would cut me off... So, I thought I should start with you," she said. "So, I'm sorry," I was dumfounded.

"Uh.. T-thank you," I said awkwardly. Should've know.

"Not enemy's?" She said, holding out her hand. I took it.

"Not enemy's," I answered, unsure of my own answer. She looked at me and nodded before strutting out and into a white limo. I walked back into the room I was previously in with Adrian, him still in his place.

"Who was it?" He asked, looking at me as I sat on the couch.

"It was Chloe," I said.

"Chloe? Like, Chloe from school?"

"Yeah... She came to apologize," I said.

"Apologize? Since when?" He said, chuckling.

"She said her father would cut her off if she didn't apologize to everyone she terrorized with her presence in school," I said.

"Of course," he said, shaking his head. "That girl will never learn,"

"Learn what?"

"How to be nice," he said.

"Agreed," I said.
---
"He's got things planned, things you aren't going to expect," she said, interrupting my clothing thoughts.

"Great for him," I said.

"It is great for him. Just remember. Things are not always as them seem," she said, looking over my shoulder as she disappeared into a cloud of smoke.

I looked behind me, Lilia sitting there, reading a book.

(Picture above will tie into next chapter ;D)Hia! Don't hurt me, I've had absolutely no time at all to write! It's not my fault, I blame my mother

Hia! Don't hurt me, I've had absolutely no time at all to write! It's not my fault, I blame my mother. Goodnight everyone!
---Maddie