Chapter 6

*Adrian*
"Alright, see you tomorrow!" I said, ending the call. Marie's going to be ecstatic. One of my close friends wants to have a ball for all of our business people to celebrate our new line of fashion. Of course, Marienettes going to be my date. I know we're only 18, and that we still have time, but I'm thinking of asking Marienette to marry me. What's more perfect then at a ball?!

"Natalie," I called out. She came in, looking to me. I haven't her all the things that needed to get done, including getting a ring, (I didn't tell her what for) and off she went.

I got up from my chair and walked out of my office room, and into the kitchen. Marienette was there, in her apron that I got her. It read 'Kitty's Ladybug' on it. I had it specially made for her.

She was humming to a song as she swayed to music in her head. She was reading through a cook book as she tossed ingredients into a bowl. I walked up behind her and kissed her cheek.

"What are you making?" I asked, looking at the cook book.

"A cake," she answered.

"What kind of cake?"

"A German chocolate cake. Taste," she said, holding out a spoon. I try it, the sweetness infecting my tongue.

"This.... is amazing," I said. She grabbed another spoon and tasted some herself, agreeing with me. "So, guess what's happening tomorrow?" I said, leaning against the counter.

"What?" She said, looking up to me before looking back down to her cookbook.

"Some friends of mine thought it would be great if we had a business ball! You know, to all get together. Preparations are already being set up," I said. She looked up, dazzled.

"A business ball? Like, one that you dress fancy for and stuff? Will you have enough time?" She said.

"Yes. I checked," I said. She smiled.

"Cool!"

"You will be my date of course, won't you bugaboo?" I said. She rolled her eyes.

"Oh, I don't know.... Sure," she said, putting a hand on her hip. "I have the perfect outfit too!" She squealed.
--- (The Next Day)
"Come on!" I said, laughing as Marie tried to catch up to me.

"Adrian, you don't understand, you can't run in heels!" She said, wrapping her arm around mine to slow me down.

"I could probably run in them. I'm awesome," I boasted. She pushed me, sending me tripping over my own feet.

"You can even walk in normal shoes," she said, laughing.

"Haha very funny... Get in," I chuckled, opening the limo door for her. Se giggled as she climbed in, me after her. We had gone out before to pick up some little decorations, and we were running a little late. Marienette's always late, so it's not new.
---
Gorilla, who still was out limo driver, opened the door for us. We got out and walked in the doors, everyone turning to greet us.

"Hello Mr. Agrest!" "Hi!" "How are you?" "This is amazing,"

All these swarmed us as we greeted everyone. The women pulled Marienette with them, leaving me with the men to discuss business.

"Mr. Agrest?" Natalie said.

"Excuse me for a moment," I said to everyone, walking into another room with her. She pulled out a box and showed me a dazzling ring. "Wow," I said, awe struck.

"Are you sure you want to do this Adrian? You're still young," she said.

"I'm sure," I said with a smile. She nodded and handed it to me. I put it into my tux pocket. I straitened my shirt and went back out into the crowd. Nothing bad could ever happen now.

SALUT EVERYONE! How be you all? OMG, who saw the origin episodes? I tried to resist them, but I failed, and watched it. I won't post any spoilers, I swear. Miraculous oath! Goodnight everyone!
---Maddie