Chapter 19

*Adrian*

Lila led me through the trees, and I was questioning if there even was a back door. She suddenly stopped in front of a bush. She started looking around the bush, and I realized that it was a fake bush. It had silk material instead of actual leaves.

"Aha," she said, pushing a button located on the ground. The bush turned, moving against the ground out of the way, showing a secret passageway. It wasn't made for tall people, so I was hunched over while Lila walked in just fine. It was lit with tiny lights connected to the walls. "There should be an opening coming up..." She said. I nodded, and she continued until she hit a wall. "Here it is. Ready?" She asked.

"I'm always ready," I said, boring my eyes into hers. She nodded, opening the door. I walked in front of her, coming into the opening first. I looked around as I stood up, searching for Marienette. She wasn't here, so where was she?

"Ah, looks like curiosity brought the cat," a deep voice that I knew very well bellowed out. It was followed by a few, short laughs.

"Where are you!" I yelled, turning. I couldn't see him anywhere. "Stay behind me Lila," I said. I turned, but she wasn't there. "Lila!" I yelled out. A figure suddenly appeared from the shadows. "Hawk moth," I spat.

"Now now, let's be civil. I think you might want to be careful with your words," he grinned. I was confused until he pulled Lila from the shadow, his hand castes towards her.

"Don't hurt her," I hissed.

"Ah ah, I'm not done," he said, holding out another hand as Marienette came from the shadow as well. "Marienette!" I cried out, seeing her.

"Adrian! Save me!" She exclaimed. But, if sounded different. Fake. The Marienette I know would never think of herself rather than others first. I brushed the thought away and turned my attention to the man who continues to ruin my life.

"What do you want," I said.

"For you to choose," he said back. "Choose one, and let the other die,"

"You know I can't do that," I said looking to Lila.

"Then I'll hurt both of them," he said, beginning to clench his fist. Lila and Marienette grabbed their throats as he did so.

"Okay! Okay!" I yelled. He stopped, looking to me. "Okay..." I said, running a hand through my hair. Then suddenly, only for a second, Marienette looked at Hawkmoth, and didn't seem frightened, but she also didn't seem brave either. Neither of them are like her at all. She must be a fake!

"Okay... I choose my mother," I said, praying to God that I was right. Both Hawkmoth and Lila were surprised.

"Really? What about your lover?" Hawkmoth said.

"She means nothing to me," just saying that made me almost sick.

"Adrian, don't choose me! Choose Marienette!" Lila called out.

"Shut up women!" Hawkmoth yelled. "So, the cat has betrayed the bug. How interesting," he said, walking towards me. I stepped back cautiously. "I wonder why...." He said, pausing. 

"That Marienette is a fake," I said. He looked at the fake Marie and scowled. 

"You're smarter than I thought, but that doesn't help the real Marienette," he smirked. Lila was released, and she ran behind me. 

"Where is she?" I demanded, getting my baton ready. 

"I'm afraid that information is classified," he said. I'd had enough of his games. I lunged towards him, swinging my baton right as he dodged the blow. "You'll have to defeat me first," he said. 

"Be careful!" Lila called out. 

"Stay back," I yelled to her. She nodded. "I accept your challenge," I said. 

"Wonderful," He said, jumping towards me. I jumped backwards, but not before he swung his elbow, hitting me in the face. I touched my lip, which was now streaming with blood. I  looked at him, smiling. 

"This is going to be interesting," I said, jumping into the air and landing behind him, kicking him in the back. This caused him to fall onto the floor. 

"You may be quick, but i'm quicker!" He said, holding out his hand. Suddenly all the wind in the throat left, and I was choking. I scratched and pulled at my neck, running out of air. 

"Adrian! What do I do?!" Lila said, panicked. 

 "M-mom," I croaked, unable to speak. She looked to me, and suddenly a face of determination came over her. 

"I can do this, I can do this..." She mumbled. "Just hold on!" She said. My vision started leaving, making it harder to do anything. 

The last thing I heard before I blacked out was my mother. 

"Rinni! Feathers up! Transform!"

I finally got my compute back, oh my gosh. My phone wont let me update from there, so this is me typing on my computer. Which is weird for me, because I do everything on my phone. But that's why I haven't updated in practically a month. I'm still looking through comments and things, so I haven't forgotten you all, I promise! Okay, bye everyone!!!

---Maddie