Chapter 14

*Adrian*
"Are you really going to carry her the whole way?" Natalie asked as we approached the car.

"Yep, she claims she bad luck on two feet, so I'm carrying her," I said, walking past the car.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"I'm walking there," I said. She nodded, getting into the car. She doesn't protest against me anymore, which I appreciate.

"Put me down," Marienette groaned.

"Nah," I said, laughing. She let out a loud sigh.

"Tikki," Marienette said as her red Kwami flew out of her side bag.

"Yes Marienette?"

"Can you convince Adrian to put me down?" She said. I laughed. I watched as Tikki flew to Marienettes hair, hiding from the person we had walked past. I don't know why she still does it, Instinct maybe. Everyone knows who we are. We get asked for autographs all the time, Marienette freaked when a swarm of kids came up to her, asking all different questions. It was hilarious.

"I'm afraid I cannot do that Marienette," she giggled before flying back into the bag. Marienette groaned.

The photoshoot was in the park, which was a 5 minuet walk from the mansion.

"Adrian, we're getting strange looks, just put me down," she said.

"Nope, not until we get there," I said. Another 5 minuets pass, and we made it to the park. I finally let her go. She practically ran up a tree. Well, climbed would be the better word.

"Are you gonna come down?" I asked, amusement in my voice. She shook her head.

"Nope! I'm going to stay up here," she said stubbornly.

"Alright," I said. I chuckled as I walked over to the photographer. He told me where to stand and what to do, then we were off.
---
"Finally done," I said as I walked back over to the tree where I last saw Marienette. I looked into the branches, only to see her not there. Confused, I looked around. Where has she gone?

I suddenly heard giggling and I turned around. Marienette was with a little girl over by the swing set. A glob of melted ice cream laid in front of the girl on the ground. I walked over to them, Marienette watching.

"Who's your friend?" I ask her, seeing the little girl with wide eyes.

"You're Chat Noir!" She exclaimed.

"That I am," I said.

"You're super cool!" She said. Giving me a huge hug. This kids adorable!

"You're super cool too!" I said to her.

"Little Shay here had dropped her ice cream and started crying, so I just got her another one," Marienette said.

"How nice of you," I said to her.

"Shay!" A woman exclaimed, scooping Shay up into her arms. "What did I tell you about talking to strangers!" She said, scolding the child.

"But they aren't strangers mommy!" Shay exclaimed. Her mother looked confused before looking towards us. We smiled.

"Ladybug and Chat Noir? Oh my, I'm so sorry," she said with wide eyes.

"It's alright, Shay just dropped her ice cream and was upset," Marienette said.

"Looks like you saved the day again huh?" She said, looking to Shay as she took a big bite out of her strawberry ice cream.

"All in a day's work," Marienette said. Shay and her mom left after that, leaving me and Marie to ourselves.

"I swear to all the ladybugs in the world, if you pick me up, I will akumatize you myself," she said. I laughed.

"Alright alright," I said, giving in. I waited for a moment. Just a moment, before poking Marienette. "You're it!" I yelled, bolting out of the park. She yelled something before running after me.

I ran through the outdoor shops and the people, almost bumping into a few. It was hilarious to see them shake their heads and mumble 'darn kids' under their breaths like we couldn't hear them.

I ran right up to the mansion, running in and closing the door. I went as fast as I could up the stairs and into my room.

"Plagg, claws out!" I said, transforming into my alter ego. This'll be interesting.

I opened the window just as Marienette came in.

"Two can play at this game!" She said. "Tikki! Spots on!" She said before transforming into ladybug.

"Catch me if you can, m'lady," I said as I hopped out the window and onto the roofs, running as fast as I could.

The amount of my sorry-ness can't be expressed. Truly, it cannot. I'm so so so so so so so so so so sorry for not updating sooner. Exams are coming, I've got homework, it was my sisters birthday, I had to prepare for camps and whatnot. I know, excuses.
---Maddie