Chapter 15

*Tikki*
"Plagg!" I exclaimed, whizzing into the room

"What?" He said in a bored tone. He was about to eat a piece of camenbert.

"This is no time for eating! Lila is working with Hawkmoth! She's going to take the Ladybug miraculous!" I said, a layer of worry over my voice.

"Lila? Not possible. The woman's practically a saint," He said with a short laugh. The nerve of this stupid cat! He's so annoying.

"She is! Come with me," I said, grabbing his hand and flying up to Lila's room. He wiggled as I tried to listen. She was talking to someone. I used my magic to go through the door with Plagg, staying close to the ceiling where she wouldn't see us easily. She was talking to the wall. It must be her! The evil Marienette! "Listen!" I said. He obeyed, for once. Bored, he hovered in the air.

"I already told you, I don't want to do this anymore, tell him to take me out of it." She said. "You wouldn't dare," She said after a pause. "I can't get it that quickly! I'll need more time!" She said. "I can't get them that easily! She wears them everyday, 24/7! I can never get close enough to get the earrings undetected," She said. I grabbed Plagg and went through the wall to the hallway outside. Plagg looked at me, wide eyed.

"I wasn't lying," I said. Worry washed over him.

"Tikki! This is a big problem, not only for us and Marienette, but think about Adrien! This is his mother, working with his father to destroy the best thing in his life! He'd be crushed!" Plagg said. Poor Adrien.

"What do we do then?" I asked.

"We'll have to keep her away from the miraculouses," he said.

"How do we do that?" I asked.

"Do what?" Marienette said, spotting us as she walked up the stairs.

"Get the chef to get batches of cookies and Camembert at the same time," Plagg said smoothly. I went along, but was impressed. How did he think of that so quickly? Marienette looked confused.

"Okay..." She said. "Have fun, I'm just gonna see if Lila want's anything for lunch," She said, headed towards the door.

"No!" Plagg and I yelled at the same time, making her stop.

"Why?" She asked.

"Uh... Umm...." I said. "We just asked, she didn't want anything," I said. Marie made a face.

"She's never met you two, and plus she hasn't eaten in a while. I'm going to ask anyway," She said, reaching for the door handle.

"Stop!" We said again.

"Alright you two, what's going on?" She said, crossing her arms and looking at us. Plagg gulped. Uh oh....

"Fine," Plagg said. "We think Lila's working with Hawkmoth," he said. I stared, wide eyed. He had an emotionless face on.

"If you want Camembert and cookies so bad, you should just go get some, not make up stories. Especially about that," she scolded, walking away. She must've forgot about Lila. She went down the steps as I let out a breath of relief.

"Why would you tell her?" I exclaimed.

"She didn't believe us, it's fine. Now, what do we do?" He asked.
---
*Marienette*
Why would Plagg say that? It couldn't be true, right? It seems very far fetched, yet... Somewhat true. I couldn't tell if he was lying or not, but I went with it. Plagg was probably lying. I'm 98.99% sure about it.

I walked down the steps and into the office where Adrian's father used to use. Adrien never touched it, always saying that everything was in just the right spot. I never objected, we hardly used the room. I often went in though, to look around. I love the painting of Adrian's mother. It's very pretty, and has a lovely style.

"Whatcha doing?" Adrian said, scaring the ladybugs out of me. "Sorry," he laughed.

"Just looking around. This room has a different... Feel to it," I said, dragging my hand across the neatly dusted table. The maids kept the room up, just for Adrien's sake. He always wanted it nice. I believe he still loves his father, even if he does bad things.

I looked around, my eyes stopping at the picture. Adrien came behind me, wrapping his arms around my neck.

"Your mother's very pretty," I said. "She looks just like you!" I exclaimed, comparing Adrien to the picture. He laughed. I looked back to the painting, noticing that it didn't connect to the wall all the way. I escaped Adrian's grasp, moving closer to the picture. I grabbed the side, feeling it come apart from the wall. I pulled it open, the painting coming off the wall to reveal a safe. I gasped.

"Oh yeah, I forgot that opened," Adrien said, turning the lock and putting in the password. It opened, revealing some books, a photo of Adrien's mom, a peacock broach, and other miscellaneous objects.

"You knew this was here?" I asked, feeling the binding of the large book.

"Yeah, me and Plagg found it a few years ago. I thought it was curious though. This books has all the-"

"Miraculous's in it..." I said, finishing his sentence as I pulled the book out, reading the front. I'd seen this book before. When the Lila from high school turned into Volpina. This was the book she had stolen.

"How did you know?" He said, surprised.

"I have my ways," I said secretive. "What's it doing in there though?" I asked. He shrugged. I opened to a random page, my eyes landing on something familiar. I looked at it, back to the safe, and back to the book.

"What?" He asked. I went back up to the safe, grabbing the peacock broach that lied there. I went back over to the book and saw the same broach. "Marienette..." He said.

"It's the peacock miraculous," I said in disbelief. "Why did your father have a miraculous? Who did it belong to?" I asked him. His eyes soon got wide as he grabbed the picture of his mother from the safe. In the picture was his mom, the peacock broach pinned to her shirt.

"My mother."

Cliffy, I know. Late, I also know. But, it's here! Hehehe, I like where this is going. I'll try to update soon, but no promises!!!
---Maddie