Chapter 20

*Lila*

"Rinni, feathers up! Transform!" I shouted. I couldn't stand seeing him, helpless as he called or for me. That's not who I am.

A wave of blue light came over me, and I felt the friendly reminder of who I used to be. Of who I was. I felt it morph my cloths, turning into a blue suit with the familiar blue and green feathers coming out of the back. The mask came across my face as the magic whisked my hair into a high bun with a blue ribbon. My two fans hooked onto my belt as the final magic left.

I looked to Hawkmoth, who looked stunned.

"What? Don't you remember me?" I smirked. He dropped Chat Noir and faced me.

"How'd you transform Lila? I thought you couldn't," he said in disbelief.

"It's Peak to you, and I don't need to know how," I said, unhooking my fans and taking one in each hand. "Your fights with me now," I said, getting into a fighting position.

"Oh come on," he said, rolling his eyes. I smiled, jumping into action. I leaped into the air, over his head. I ran over to where Chat was before Hawkmoth could realize what happened.

"Chat! Chat I need your help!" I said, shaking him.

"I don't think he will be able to help you. Your time has run out," Hawkmoth said, turning and walking over to me. I got up and ran, unsure of where I was going. All I knew was that he was behind me. Suddenly the walls came together and I was trapped.

"Ah, that was easier then I thought, thank you," he said. I blocked my face right as he lept towards me. But I never felt a blow. I opened my eyes and in front of me was Hawkmoth, stopped. A metal staff in his way.

"Don't," I heard. I looked behind Hawkmoth, just as he did. Chat Noir stood there, looking somewhat deadly. I smiled.

"Why won't you just die!" Hawkmoth yelled out as held out his hand, sending hundreds of black butterflies toward him. I hit Hawkmoth from the back, getting his attention away from Chat Noir. The butterflies scattered, fluttering every which way.

"You need to get the staff! The stone on the staff is the miraculous!" Chat Nour yelled out. I nodded and looked to the staff Hawkmoth held in his hand. I lunged for it, attempting to grab it. He dodged my blow, causing me to fall onto the floor. Chat landed beside me, helping me up. "We need to come up with a plan," he said. I nodded.

"What should we do?" I asked as Hawkmoth regained balance.

"We have to get out of here first," he said, looking around for a way out. I guess he found it, because he grabbed my hand and ran. Hawkmoth followed quickly behind us. We were suddenly embraced by the sunlight of day, but I quickly noticed that we were on top of the Eiffel Tower.

"Chat Noir!" I yelled as we skidded to a halt right in front of a drop.

"We're okay, we're okay," he said as he let me go. Hawkmoth appeared, looking very displeased.

"Well? Let's do this!" He said, charging at us. Chat Noir and I split up, he took the left I took the right. I somehow ended up behind Hawkmoth as he corned Chat Noir, taking big steps toward him. Chat couldn't take anymore steps, otherwise he'd fall.

"Peak! You can do this! I..... I forgive you!" He yelled to me. He forgave me. Before I could respond he sent me a wink, spread his arms, and swan dived off the tower.

"Chat!" I screamed. Hawkmoth turned, facing me. Now I was angry. Who did he think he was! "You're going to pay," I said, taking out my fans. I ran towards him, swiping at his face. My fans strong winds blew him every which way, and he was unable to keep much balance. He had just enough though, to keep fighting.

I have to try something else, I told myself. I looked around, and formed a plan. I was unsure if it would work, but it was my only hope.

I jumped up, spinning in the air twice before sending the wind I had picked up to him. I underestimated how much wind I had, because it blew him into the ground, sending the staff flying into the sky. I watched as it soared through the air, and I dove after it.

I caught it, but not before having to leap off the tower. I came to my hand, and as I fell, I snapped it in half. I could hear Hawkmoth yell from the top, obviously feeling the connection go away.

In that moment, I felt relieved. Everything was over. Everyone was okay. I could hear Chat Noir yell to me in the distance, and I knew he had been fine. I couldn't make out what he said, but I will never forget what he said to me that day. At that time.

I forgive you

Wassup everybody? Don't kill meh pls, I know it's late again. Sorry, again Lol. Working on the next update as we speak though! Okay talk to u ladybugs later!

---Maddie