Chapter 21

*Marinette*

One second I was in my own body being trapped with the most annoying version of myself, and the next I'm out and normal again. No more other Marienette, no more looking out from the inside. Everything was normal, like it had never happened.

"Tikki! Adrian!" I yelled out, seeing if anyone was here. Tikki zoomed into the room, and colliding with my face in a hug.

"Marienette!" She exclaimed, tiny tear drops forming in her eyes.

"Hey! Where's...?" I said, trailing on. I didn't see anyone else in the mansion.

"They went to stop Hawkmoth! We need to go help!" Tiki cried. I nodded. I'm not sure how I got out, but I won't be the only one not to help!

"Okay Tikki, spots on!" I exclaimed, joy flooding me. You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that since this whole thing.

---

Tikki told me what happened, and I raced to the scene. I didn't see Hawkmoth at all, did he flee? Was he... Gone?

I quickly searched the tower, and quickly found Chat Noir and... Lila? Was that even her? I used my yo-yo to get to the bottom where Chat Noir was huddled over a blond woman in a blue suit. The peacock kwami!

I gasped, my hands flying to my mouth. Chat turned quickly, hearing my cry. His eyes were red and blotchy, full of sadness.

"Ladybug..." He said, running to me and picking me up bridal style. "You're okay. You're okay," he repeated, putting our foreheads together.

"I'm here Chat, I'm here," I said. "Tell me what happened." I said. He set me down next to the peacock miraculous holder.

"Lila... Mother, she... She defeated Hawkmoth. She did it," he said, gesturing to the blue suited woman. So it was Lila. "She sacrificed herself, to save me. To save you. To save all of us," he said, looking up to me. "But you can fix this. With your magic, you can fix it!" He said, hope in his face. I shook my head solemnly.

"Chat... Not even my magic can fix this." I tried to explain.

"No! You can fix it! I know you can! You at least have to try!" Desperation taking over. I nodded, standing.

"Miraculous Ladybug!" I said, trying very hard to help her. She woke, but you could tell she only had moments left.

"Mom!" Chat said. "Why did you do that," he said with a false smile.

"Hey," she said, taking a breath in and coughing. "Did we get him? Is everyone safe?" She asked. Chat nodded, pressing her hand to his face.

"Hey Mrs. A," a said to her. She saw me, her face lighting up.

"Ladybug! So it worked," she said with a faint smile.

"Yeah mom, we got him. He can't hurt anyone anymore. You did good, you did really good," Chat said, sobbing quietly.

"We did it, both of us," she said, closing her eyes.

"Mom! You have to stay, okay? You have to stay," he said.

"We both know I can't do that. Come here, Adrian," she said, pulling him close. I couldn't make out what she was saying, but when he pulled away, he smiled and nodded. "Now you, dear Marienette. You take care of my boy okay?" She said. Chat rolled his eyes.

"I'm 18, mom," he said, smiling through his tears.

I laughed, nodding. "I'll take care of him, even if he's 18 he acts 5," I said, making her laugh.

"I'm sorry I couldn't be what you wanted," she said.

"No, you were a perfect mother," Chat said, shaking his head. She grabbed both our hands, looking at us both.

"You both were made for each other, and I wouldn't want it any other way. I will always be with you, in here," she said, pointing to our hearts. Tears streamed down my face, and I couldn't help it. I broke out in sobs. "Now now, don't do that. Keep your head high, so many others look to you for guidance, don't let them see your weakness. You'll be fine, you always are. Goodbye, my children. Do what I could never do, be brilliant." She said, taking in a breath and closing her eyes.

Everything slowed down as Chat Noir yelled out. Tears flowed down my face as her hands lost grip. Her blue suit disappeared in a great blue light, and the kwami flew out, head hung low. Even she mourned.

Do what I could never do, be brilliant.

----

Eventually, we had to let the people take Lila. Chat noir took me in his arms as we cried together. Even if she wasn't my mother, she was always a part of my family.

A few days later, we had the ceremony. For both Adrian's mother and father.

"Even if he was stricken with power and greed, he was still my father. Even if he wasn't on the outside, he was still inside, and I saw it. It was there, and that's why we're honoring him today," Adrian had said. It had come straight from himself, not some cards he'd wrote. Everyone was upset. For some, they had lost a boss. A designer. A friend. A foe. A father.

"So I say to you know, please, don't mourn too much. She wouldn't want it. She would think it silly, that people shouldn't feel so bad. She saved everyone. She ended the battles me and Ladybug couldn't. She was, is, and will always be, my personal super hero." He said. It was a beautiful burial, for both of them.

"I miss them," Adrian said to me. We had gone outside onto the lawn, laying on the grass. We were watching the stars.

"Me too," I said. He looked to me, his eyes sad. "No, don't look like that. She wouldn't want that. She'd want you to be happy, and okay," I said, stroking his face with my hand.

"I am happy," he said, taking my hand in his and pulling me into a long kiss, that both of us needed.

I dont know if this is the end or not, maybe I'll put a marriage chappy in eh ;) and maybe a kiddy chap, I dont know yet. Comment if you'd like to read any of those ideas, and even leave some! I had a lot of fun writing this book, it really made me happy. And thank you all for bearing through the VERY LONG WAIT TIMES. It was crazy, I know. Well, goodnight everyone. I'm out.

---Maddie