Chapter 10

*Adrian*
"Ugh! Where could it be!" Marienette groaned from the room over. I chuckled at her lack of knowledge. She has been looking for box of different types of needles, and it's been on the side table the entire time.

She's walked past it about 7 times. Wait, make that 8.

"I give up!" She exclaimed, falling on the small couch. I chuckled to myself. "What?" She said, looking at me. I just shrugged with a smile. I watched as she looked to me, then to her lap, then to the left, spotting the tiny wooden box. "I found it!" She said happily.

"Marienette, you've walked past it about 8 to 9 times already," I said.

"And you didn't say anything?" She said.

"It was funny to watch," I stated.

"It's a good thing I love you," she grumbled.

"Love you too," I said with a smile.
---
*Lila*
"Hello, Mama Agreste," a familiar voice rang out, sending chills down my back.

"Hello," I sighed.

"How's it going? Your progress with the two heroes?" She said again, appearing in front of me this time.

"I... I want out of this deal," I said confidently.

"Ah ah ah," she said, waving a finger with a smile. "Unless, you want your sons only love to die, I would be careful with your words," she said. I looked down, feeling powerless. She was right. I had to be careful.

"Oh, it's not so bad," she said, looking at my face. A few blond sweeps of hair fell in front of my face. I flung them back with my head and looked at her. "You know, you'd be free of me a lot more quickly if you just did what Hawk Moth said to do," she said.

"I don't need to follow orders from him," I said sternly.

"Oh? He's your husband," she reminded me.

"No, Gabrielle Agreste is my husband, not Hawk Moth. Hawk Moth is a man consumed by power and greed," I hissed.

"We're all entitled you our own opinions," she said before disappearing in a cloud of smoke. I turned, trying to pinpoint her next location. "Just make sure you get the miraculous's," she said in my ear. I turned and she was gone. I let out a deep breath and sat on the neatly made bed.

How did I get myself into this mess....
---
*Adrian*
"Marienette," Plagg said, flying through the doorway into the office where we were. She looked up from her sewing.

"Let me guess," she said, tapping her chin. "Your hungry,"

"Cheese would be nice," he said with a smile. She smiled as she set her stitching down.

"Well come on then, Tikki probably wants a cookie too," she said before walking out.

"I like Marienette. She gets me cheese whenever I want it. Unlike you," he said, flying around my face.

"Gosh, thanks for the compliment Plagg," I laughed.

"What? It's true," he said with a smile as he flew after Marienette. I swear, the only thing that little cat thinks about is cheese.

I suddenly heard a bunch of squeals and things crashing on the floor, I got out of my chair and ran to the scene.

Marienette was on the floor, dough all over her. Even in her hair. She looked up to me, seeing my face. She pointed to Plagg who was also covered in a little bit of dough.

"His fault!" Marie said. At the same time, Plagg yelled out, "Her fault!"

"I leave you two alone for two minuets. Only two minuets, and this happens. Do I want to know how?" I chuckled, grabbing Marienettes hand and helping her up.

"I walked in here calmly to get the food for the kwami's, then Plagg wooshes by my face and scares the ladybugs out of me! Next thing I know, I'm on the floor with cookie dough all over me," she said, trying to wipe herself off.

I took my hand and swiped across her cheek with my finger, get some cookie dough on my finger. I put it in my mouth and hummed.

"Not half bad," I said. She looked at me with the most annoyed face ever. I laughed, not noticing that she had grabbed another bowl of the dough. Before I knew it, I was covered in cookie dough as well.

"Are we going to do this again?" I asked, referring to how we had an epic bakery duel. "I will beat you this time," I add. She smiled evilly as she throws flour into the air, creating the best smoke cover-up I've ever seen a baker do. Once everything cleared, she had disappeared.

It was on.

Hia! Alright, I know Lila and Volpinias human form have the same name, but Volpinia won't be in this book, so just go with it. Sorry for the slow updates, things have been a little stressed. Goodnight everyone!
---Maddie