Chapter 16

*Adrien*
I didn't know what to say. The same pin I'd seen almost two years ago, just happens to belong to my mother. How ironic if I'm being honest.

I looked at Marienette, who looked absolutely stunned. Just like me. She kept looking back and forth from the photo to the broach.

"How can this be...?" Marienette said. I looked at the photo, one I had never seen before. She was young, really young.

"I think it's time we had a talk with my mother," I said, looking to her. She looked up, uncertainty covering her face. I took her hand, and wrapped mine around it with a soft smile. She slightly smiled back and grabbed the broach.

I guided her out of the room and up the stairs. We reached the room she stayed in and looked at each other.

"Together," I said. She nodded. We both had our fists up, ready to knock. As soon as we moved, the door opened.

"Oh!" My mother gasped. We both looked at her. "Is there something wrong?" She asked.

"Can we speak to you?" I asked. She looked confused.

"Sure..." She said, stepping out of the way. Marienette and I walked in, sitting on the lavender couch that sat across from the bed. Our hands were still entwined. Mom came and sat on the bed.

"Marienette," I said. She nodded, holding out the broach. Mothers eyes widened. Like she'd seen a ghost.

"Where did you..."she said, reaching out for it. Her hand was shaking. I quickly took it out of Marie's hands before my mother could get to it. "Rinni? Are you there?" She said, looking towards the broach.

Suddenly, a blue light formed and a Kwami came out. It was blue and green, like a peacock.

"Lila!" She said before flying and crashing into mother.

"Oh how I've missed you! Where did you go?" Mother said to her.

"Didn't you know?" She asked. Then her eyes got wide. "Oh no. You're the one, aren't you..." Rinni said. I looked at Marienette, who was just as confused as I was.

Suddenly, Tikki and Plagg swooshed in. They looked at Lila, then to Rinni.

"Do you know what this means?" Tikki asked Plagg. He nodded. They both came over to us and sat in Marie's hand.

"What does it mean?" Marienette asked them. Lila was silent. Rinni came over and sat in Marie's hand as well.

"It means that Lila has done something unforgivable, something that doesn't allow me to be with her anymore," Rinni said. "You must be Ladybug. I've heard quite a bit about you," she said. Her voice was soft and sweet.

"Uh, yeah. That's me," Marienette said.

"And you must be Chat Noir," she said, looking at me. I nodded.

"I've always wanted to meet you guys," she said. "I wish it was at better times though,"

"What did you mean she did something 'unforgivable'?" I asked the tiny Kwami. She sighed.

"I'll let Lila explain. Come on," Rinni said to Tikki and Plagg, going through the wall and out of the room.

"I haven't been completely honest with you both..." Mother said. She looked sideways towards the wall. Why? I have no idea. I looked to her. What did she mean? Suddenly, Marienette stiffened.

"You can see her too," Marienette said. Mother nodded while looking down.

"It's not what you think it is," she said.

"What're you all talking about?" I exclaimed, frustrated about not being included. Marienette looked to the wall, and then grabbed my hand.

Suddenly, another Marienette appeared. But she was... Different. Darker. Is this what Marie had been talking about?

"I see lover boy has joined us," she said. Yeah, that's not Marienette.

"Shut up," Marienette hissed.

"Whatever Snarky," she said to Marie. "Are you sure you want to do this Miss Lila? I could just do it now and say you did," she said, looking to my mother. Mother jumped in front of us in a defensive position.

"Don't touch them," she said. The other Marienette shook her head and put her hands up.

"You know who won't be happy," she said.

"Not my problem," Mother said back.

"Oh miss Lila, it already is," she smirked before disappearing in a cloud of smoke. I looked to Mother, who looked back at us.

"Are you alright?" She asked Marienette. Marienette nodded, but soon grabbed onto my arm tightly.

"Marienette?" I asked her. I could see that se was having trouble breathing. "Marienette!" I exclaimed.

"A-Adrien! It's okay! F-forgive h-her," Marienette said.

"Wait! What's happening!" I said. She fell, and I caught her before she crashed.

"Save m-me," she said before jumping up and kissing me. It was unexpected to me. As soon as she did that, she was gone. No breaths. No motion. Her head fell onto my lap. I looked to her.

"Marienette! Marie! Come on!" I yelled to a lifeless Marienette. Tears brimmed my eyes. "You need to explain everything, now," I said angrily, caressing Marienettes face with my hand, but speaking to my mother.

Was she even that? Or was she something I didn't expect? Either way, she's helping me find Marienette at all costs.

Sorry not sorry. Actually, I'm not sorry about the story, but I'm sorry about the wait. I went on a big trip that didn't have any internet *le gasp* I know. It was awful. So, here's a chap for y'all.
---Maddie