Chapter 7

Lauren's POV

    "Coming!" I hear yelled on the other side of the door after I rung the bell.

    Right when she opened it my eyes grew wide. I was looking at the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my life. Camila was wearing a printed long-sleeved top and skirt that hugged her body, accentuating her nice figure. Her hair was half up half down and she had on black heels as well.

    "Wow," I gasped. "Y-You look gorgeous," I stuttered like an idiot.

    "Thanks, Laur, you look beautiful as well," she complimented with a sweet smile making me blush. "My parents had to leave to go somewhere so we can just go."

    I was a little relieved that I didn't have to greet Camila's parents. We were still keeping it a secret that we weren't going out with all our friends and it was just the two of us. I didn't like lying to her parents though. I was never good at it as I always slipped up at some point and felt bad.

    We got in the car blasting the Pippin soundtrack and talked about what we were most excited to see. After about a 20 minute drive, we pulled up to the restaurant, a really nice one at that. The interior was super fancy as it had a waterfall right behind where the hostess stood. Damn, Camila knew how to pick a good restaurant.

    When we got to our table and ordered our food, we gushed more about the show since we were still so incredibly excited.

    "So, what are your favorite shows?" Camila asked after taking a sip of her water.

    "Umm...well Catch Me If You Can is definitely one of my favorites. And I really like Guys and Dolls, Anything Goes, Aladdin, Book of Mormon, Jersey Boys. What about you?" I explained.

    "Those are some amazing ones. Um I really like Next to Normal, Carousel, Phantom, Kinky Boots, and Les Mis. But one that I really really liked that opened this season was The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime. Have you seen that one?"

    "Yes! It was amazing!" I geeked. "Oh and Hedwig and the Angry Inch. I cried so much!"

    "Oh my God me too!" Camila exclaimed in excitment.

    "I love how we're like the same person," I smiled. Wait did I say love? Hopefully she doesn't get the wrong idea even though those feelings weren't so far away. She smiled back nodding, phew that was close. Although I may not love her yet, this girl was perfect. She's everything I've ever wanted. Maybe tonight would be a good night to ask her to be my girlfriend.

    "I absolutely adore Les Mis and you do too so you must be excited for the auditions," I said.

    "I am. But I really wish you were doing it with me, Lo," she answered sighing. At that moment my heart sank a little. There was no doubt that I would do it with her but dance was holding me back.

    "Me too," I sighed looking down to my lap. "And I totally would but I'm already committed to dance and the team can't lose me as their co-captain. More importantly, I can't leave Normani to run the team by herself."

    "Yeah, but here me out, Lauren. You talk about theater way more than dance, you have so much more passion for acting and singing, and I know you ache everyday to be with the cast side during Acting class. I see it all the time as you talk to our side more than yours. Maybe you're committed to the dance team but are you doing it because you love it or are you only doing it so you won't let Normani down? If you quit, maybe you won't let her down. She loves you and she'll probably understand. I just know you're not doing what you actually love and that's musical theater. I'm not saying that you should do it for me but do it for yourself. It's never too late to change."