Chapter 19

Lauren's POV

One of the most important days of my life was coming up. The day I audition for NYU Tisch is just tomorrow and I'll be flying tonight to New York City. Since Camila will also be auditioning the same day as me, we're going to fly together. It would just be the two of us which I was pretty shocked that both our parents allowed. Two teenage girls alone in the biggest city in the country? It mostly had to do with the reason that plane tickets were so fucking expensive and they didn't want to have to pay for themselves to go. My parents were cheap like that. Whenever we went to the city, we always got the red eye, crappy airline tickets. Another reason was that since I go to New York a couple times a year and know my way around easily, I was okay going with just Camila. I mean we will be out there on our own next year anyway. But I liked that it was just us since it would give her and I alone time in the hotel to do whatever we wanted.

    Camila and I have been rehearsing nonstop for our auditions. It was actually a long process as we had to sing two songs, perform one monologue, and dance. I was going to be singing "People" from Funny Girl and "What I Did For Love" from A Chorus Line and she was singing "Someone Like You" from Jekyll & Hyde and "Neverland" from Finding Neverland. Pretty typical and popular songs but they were great for auditions and Camz and I could do them so whatever. We both sounded very good on our numbers and hoped that we would nail it.

    I was just about done packing until I heard a knock at my bedroom door. We were done with school and rehearsal and Camila was coming over to my house so we could leave together at 7 pm to make our flight at 9:30. That being said we would land at 12 am. Ugh, I hated red eyes.

    "Hey, babe," I smiled at my beautiful girlfriend, pecking her lips after I opened the door.

    "Hi, baby," she smiled and walked in.

    "I just have to grab my toiletries and we should be heading out in like a half an hour."

    "Whatever you say, boss," She said in her cute chipmunk voice. "Wow, I've never seen this before." She picked up a binder that was filled with my collection of Broadway musical playbills. I collected each one I got at both a musical and play and stored them into binders for easy access to look through.

    "Oh yeah. I never showed you my collection?" I asked.

    "No. Holy shit, Laur, how many do you have?" she was turning through all the pages.

    "Over 200 including plays and musicals. There's about 40 in that one but I have more binders," I explained.

    "Oh my God, over 200!?" she stared at me with wide eyes and opened mouth.

    I chuckled, "Yeah. What can I say? I'm a theater freak! You know I've been regularly going each season since '06 -'07 and get discounts. But I've seen a lot of the same shows multiple times."

    "Annie, Gentleman's Guide, Priscilla, Avenue Q, Oliver, Spider-Man, Cabaret, Anything Goes, Elf, Sweeney Todd, Company, Once, Kinky Boots. And like a shit ton more. Geez what don't you have?!"

    "I actually don't know," I smirked thinking about it.

    "And I thought I've seen a lot of shows. I've only been to like 15 Broadway shows."

    "That's a lot."

    "Eh but you go to New York at least twice a year and see like 30 shows in a week. I try to go once every couple years and can only see like one show. The rest I have to wait for on tour or a school or community theater production," she laughed.

    "Aw, Camzi. Don't worry; next year you'll be living in New York with me and we'll go to as many Broadway shows as you want," I smiled walking over to her.