Chapter 23 (Part 2)

Trigger Warning: Homophobia and alcohol abuse

Lauren's POV

I woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed for today. It was finally Valentine's Day and I had a date with a very special girl. I couldn't take my mind off Camila last night. Like the song "Catch Me" said, she's got me smiling in my sleep.

Camila and I decided to both wear white for a reason I didn't know but it was cute. Before going to get Camila, I drove to the beach with Normani and set up the table, chairs, and things. While I left to go pick her up, Normani was going to watch the setting for me until we returned. At 6:30 pm I stopped by the market on the way to Camila's from the beach to get her some red roses and chocolates. I just couldn't wait for tonight.

    One thing that really surprised me that happened earlier today was a text message from a certain someone

One thing that really surprised me that happened earlier today was a text message from a certain someone. Keana. I haven't spoken to or heard from her since August of last year. She texted me wishing me a happy Valentine's day and said she was in town. Hmm weird, she never comes into Miami during this time of year. I guess she was in because she didn't visit during Christmas? I don't know, but I just ignored it. I wasn't going to hookup with her obviously and wanted to forget about her at least for the rest of the day. Nothing was going to get in between mine and Camila's date.

Camila's POV

"Mija, you look beautiful for your date," my mom smiled. I had just put on my outfit and showed my parents in their bedroom.

"I have never seen a more beautiful young lady, Flaca," Papa complimented.

"Gracias, Mama y Papa," I hugged them. It was just minutes before Lauren would be here to pick me up and take me to wherever she had chosen for us to go. I was surprisingly kind of nervous but mostly thrilled to be going out tonight with her.

"So, you don't know where he's taking you?" my mom asked.

"Nope, it's a surprise. But I'm so so excited," I giggled.

"Aw mi niña is growing up," she gushed. "Out on her first Valentine's date."

"Yeah, Lauren should be here really soon," I said.

"That's interesting how she's picking you up and taking you to the date. Austin must have planned something very special."

"Yeah very," I nodded amused.

A few minutes later, I got a text from Lauren letting me know she was parked outside. She was parked more near the neighbors, behind our trees on the right side so we wouldn't be in clear view of my parents.

"Alright that's her," I grinned, getting up and making my way toward the door.

"Okay, Mija, have fun and be safe. Take lots of pics," Mama hugged me one last time.

"Not too late. Be home by midnight," Papa told.

"I will. Te quiero," I grabbed my purse with the ring in it and left their room and went downstairs out the door toward my beautiful girlfriend. I circled the corner of the trees on my lawn and saw Lauren standing outside of her Chevy that was parked on the street. Hopefully this was a good spot so my parents wouldn't see because I practically ran to her.