Chapter 9

Lauren's POV

    The rest of the day went by with ease. Instead of going to dance rehearsal to rehearse, I announced to the team and my coach that I was leaving. They all looked a little sad but wished me good luck and farewell with a nice big group hug. To be honest, I was going to miss the girls, they've been with me since freshman year and we've had many great memories. They've practically become my sisters and saying goodbye to them was a lot harder than I expected.

    "Gonna miss you, co-captain," Hailee, a junior said hugging me. We were close and it was pretty hard saying goodbye to her.

    "Gonna miss you too, Haiz. But I'm gonna see you guys throughout the rest of the year at competitions and even next year when you're captain," I said smiling at her.

    "Maybe," she grinned.

    "I bet you will. You guys are all incredible dancers and don't worry I'll see you around more than you think."

    "We'll come see you too, Lolo, in your big show stopping performance," Dinah beamed walking over to me.

    "You've done well, Jauregui. Hate to see you go but if its what you really want to do then I'll support you," my coach stated.

    "Thanks, coach. Thank you for everything you've taught me and all the things you've done for me and this team."

    "Don't sweat it. Now get outta here and get to that stage, Miss Broadway," she chuckled.

    With that, I said one last goodbye to my team and went on my way over to the theater to secretly watch another one of their rehearsals.

________________________________________________________

    The rest of the week was one of the most relaxing weeks I've had in a long time. No dancing, no choreographing, no training, and no conditioning. I felt like I could breathe and finally wind down; however, not too much as I had to prepare for my audition for Les Mis. I told Mrs. Diggins that I was planning on auditioning and she couldn't have been more thrilled.

    "Finally Lauren! That's wonderful! Mrs. Diggins beamed, "I knew you were on the dance team but I've always hoped you would reconsider and join the company. In fact, you're one of the best around here. Maybe a little better than Ariana but don't tell her I told you that," she whispered and winked, "Anyway, I'm so looking forward to seeing you on the stage next week!"

    "Thank you so much, Mrs. Diggins. I'm looking forward to it as well."

    Friday approached and it was opening night of And Then There Were None, the play Camila was in. I was so excited to see my girl act, I knew she was going to kill it.

    Before the show, I drove over to the market to get Camila a red bouquet of roses. It's the appropriate type of flowers for after a performance of course. Since I couldn't see her before she went on, I face-timed her while I was hanging out in my bedroom and she was warming up, getting makeup done, and changing.

    "You're going to do so well tonight, Camz," I gushed.

    "Thanks, babe. I'm gonna dedicate my performance to you," she winked.

    "Me? What makes me so special?"

    "Well, you've helped me run lines, rehearse, offer me tips and techniques. You've helped me become a better actress and I'm gonna do this for you."

    "Wow, babe. I didn't realize I meant so much to you," I said taken back by my girlfriend's words.

    "Of course you mean a lot to me," she sweetly smiled making my cheeks flush. "I have to put you on hold cause I gotta go change," she said getting up from her now that she was done with makeup.