Chapter 13

Lauren's POV

The next day after school I stopped by the dance studio to check out how the team was doing. They were rehearsing intently for their competition that was that weekend. I observed their routines and offered them tips even though I wasn't co-captain anymore. The team was doing pretty well and I was excited to see them compete.

The day after that, Friday, were callbacks and I actually got one for Eponine! I found out on Thursday so I had to prepare to sing "On My Own." There were two other girls who were up for it, Madison Beer and Zendaya. I didn't get to see or listen to their auditions but I knew they were very talented so I felt nervous again. Camila also got a callback for Cosette which was amazing. She went head to head with Ariana so that must've been a showdown. I also didn't get to see or listen to her sing "In My Life" but I was sure she nailed it. We both just hoped we did well enough for those parts.

I decided to do something kind of romantic for Camila later that evening. I was forced to be at this family party that was held at my house every year. Not that I don't love my family because I do a lot, but I've spent a good four hours talking with them and it was getting kinda boring after a while. They were just sitting down watching a movie now so I figured they wouldn't care if I left. I just couldn't let my mom know. I missed my girlfriend and I knew she wasn't doing anything so I wanted to surprise her in a cute, special way. And since we were finally done stressing about auditions, it would be nice to treat her.

Camila's POV

It was Friday night and I didn't have plans with anyone. Not even Lauren since she said she was at some family party thing. So, that meant ordering a large pizza and watching Netflix all night alone for me. Pretty typical. Lauren and I were texting while she was at her event saying how boring it was since they were just watching a movie and I was lazily watching my all time favorite show Friends. Everything was chill until I heard something at my window. It sounded like a rock hit it.

I cautiously made my way over to see what the disturbance was till my eyes widened at the sight. There below stood my girlfriend with the biggest smile on her face and holding some sort of basket and something else I couldn't make out.

I immediately opened up my window. "Lauren? What are you doing?" I asked bewildered.

"Camila, Camila, let down your long hair!" she exclaimed dramatically. I laughed at how dorky she was.

"Why aren't you at your family party?" I questioned still surprised.

"It was too boring. We were just watching a movie so I snuck out and want you to do the same."

"You want me to sneak out?"

"Yeah!" she squealed jumping.

"Lauren, I can't. It's almost midnight and what if my parents notice I'm gone?"

"I'm sure they won't," she waved off.

"I don't think it's such a good idea," I confessed nervously.

"But I already prepared food in this basket and brought a blanket! I thought we could go to the park and have a picnic together," she pouted. Dammit she always gets me with that.

"Babe, you're too cute," I sighed now feeling bad at how romantic she was being. I should just go for it. My parent's are probably asleep anyway. "Okay," I sighed, "I'll be down in a few."

She smiled and I turned around to grab my jacket and go out the door until I saw my door knob turning.

"Mija? Was that you shouting?" my mom came in rubbing her eyes as she was waking up from her sleep. Probably shouldn't have been so loud.