Chapter 30

Camila's POV

I woke up with a pretty rough hangover. Yeah, I know that was bad but prom was last night and I of course got drunk at the after party. It was at Arin Ray's "mansion" who was very rich and popular so it was obviously a banger with practically 500 people there. Dinah, Normani, Ally, and the guys and I pretty much got wasted but it was all fine and we had fun. I kind of felt bad though that Lauren took care of all of us, but she wanted to. It was overall a great night just having a blast with my best friends.

    But now, it was May 16th, the day Dinah, Normani, Ally, Lauren and her parents, and I were flying to New York City. Finals were over, prom had passed, one-act festival was done, graduation was in two weeks, and it was finally time to relax.

    Things have been so well and I was having the time of my life. South Miami High was the school that was truly meant for me and I've met the best people I know there. It was going to be so hard saying goodbye but luckily us girls were going to be living together in the big city. Yes, my parents and I talked about it and they let me live with the girls! I was screaming when they allowed me and couldn't wait to just move out there already. Living together with those crazy freaks was going to be interesting but I knew we were going to have tons of fun.

    We couldn't stop talking about what neighborhood we wanted to live in, the style of apartment, what the inside would look like, and of course the price and payment. That factor would have to be sorted out with our parents but for right now, we were just looking.

    Also, Lauren got us tickets to see Fun Home, Gigi, Finding Neverland, The King and I, On the Twentieth Century, Something Rotten, Hand to God, An American in Paris, and Hedwig and the Angry Inch because Darren Criss was starring. We had seven days to see nine shows so that meant we had to see two shows on two days since Mondays were dark and we were leaving on Sunday. Gigi and Something Rotten on Wednesday and Fun Home and An American in Paris on the last Saturday. It was going to be crazy seeing at least one show almost every night but Lauren did it every time she went to New York and I was so excited to do it with her.

    Lauren and I have been dating for two months now and it was actually nice even though we still weren't official just yet. But we were going to make it official very very soon. Maybe on this trip. I made sure to pack the pearl ring I had gotten for her with me just in case. It would be cute so that we could finally give each other our Valentine's day presents. I even put back on my "love" bracelet and sun and moon necklace. Lauren and I went on a date about twice a week to anywhere we wanted such as the beach, park, local theater, mall, movies, our houses, and café. To be honest, I loved dating her and we always had a great time just being with each other; however, I think we were ready for the next step.

    Lauren has recovered well from her issues and didn't really need therapy all that much nowadays, only cutting down to a session with Sweeney once a week. She still wrote in her journal but she wasn't so stressed and pressured anymore. Last night, she was perfect and not phased at all around the alcohol and weed. I was so proud of her and how far she's come and now I knew we were just ready to be committed to one another completely again.

    The girls, Lauren's parents, and I had to be at the airport at 7 am for our flight which was at 9. We were flying to the LaGuardia Airport in Queens which would take two and a half hours and then take a car to Manhattan. So, we weren't going to be settled until around 1 pm.

    In the mean time, I put on my headphones and took a nice nap on the flight, ignoring the hangover, and of course cuddled into Lauren's side. We kissed and showed affection on the regular but nothing more than that. We obviously didn't have sex since we weren't in a relationship even though we were feeling deprived and frustrated, especially me to be honest. Second base and racy texts and snapchats were only so much, but we did well and anything was possible in New York. Who knows what we could get up to?