Chapter 25

Lauren's POV

Monday came too soon. After I spent almost the whole Sunday talking to Keana, catching up on our lives, I drove back to my house to (cry some more about my breakup) and prepare for the next day. I told my mom and dad everything that went down and why I was gone most of the day. They consoled me as I sobbed in their arms and told me it was going to be okay. I hoped it would be. They advised me stay away from the Cabello's and said I could find someone way better than Camila. But that only hurt more.

    To be honest, I was actually scared to go to school. I didn't know if Camila was going to still attend South Miami or not, but I was still scared. Her and I haven't spoken since she kicked me out of her house Saturday evening which didn't surprise me. We weren't allowed to speak and I guess not even text. And I didn't think Camila even wanted to talk anyway well, except for when she called me when Keana picked up. She was probably going to yell at me again or something. She was mad at me and we were broken up. I just had to move on.

    I stepped into school alone. Alone for the first time since Camila and I didn't carpool this morning. I was then reminded of the terrible split. Fuck, I couldn't stop thinking about it.

    "Well, there you are, Miss DitchYourBestFriendAtTheBeach," Normani walked over to me at my locker, not looking very pleased.

    "What are talking ab—" I quickly remembered what happened on Valentine's day with setting up the table and chairs at the beach. I forgot to tell Normani that the date was cancelled. Dammit. I didn't talk to any of my friends except Keana after the incident. "Oh shit. I forgot to tell you that..."

    "Yeah, you did. I waited for your ass for three hours, Jauregui, before I decided to pack that shit up and leave," Normani hit me upside the head with her notebook. You didn't want to mess with Normani, she could whip your ass. Dinah too.

    "I'm so sorry, Mani. I just had the worst weekend I've ever had in my whole life," I sighed.

    "Really? Well, tell me about it. What the hell happened with you and Camila?" Normani questioned, growing concerned. "And where even is she? She's always right here next to you."

    "It's a long story and I wish I could tell you all of it right now, but we have homeroom. I'll tell you the full thing at lunch, but just know Camila and I broke up," I shut my locker and walked away to homeroom. I heard Normani's gasp behind me.

Camila's POV

    Today was going to be hell. I could feel it. I'm going to have to be babysat by Dorito boy for the whole day and rest of the year. God, I hated him. The only thing I looked forward to was seeing Lauren. She could never let me down. Well, except for the incident on Saturday.

    I thought more about where she went after I told her to leave. I really really didn't want to accuse her of cheating since she was with another girl when I called because that probably didn't happen. She promised to never ever do that to me and I trusted her. But I still couldn't help but think about who she was with. It couldn't have been anyone I knew or at least knew well because I would've recognized the voice and they would've known me as well. Could it have been...her ex Keana? No. She lived in Tampa and wouldn't visit Miami during this time of year. I just pushed my thoughts to the side. Lauren was true to me and I shouldn't worry about it.

    "Alright, Camilla. I have every class with you except homeroom and songwriting. I expect you to be a good girl and not be around or talk to Lauren in those classes or else Mama's gonna know," Austin snickered. Could he ever learn to say my name right?

    "Fuck off, Dorito boy," I glared at him. He had to watch me at all times, making sure I didn't break the rules and speak to or be around Lauren. But I was obviously going to anyway. Nothing could keep me away from my girlfriend.