Chapter 29 (Part 2)

Lauren's POV

Today was the day. The day I've been waiting for since I got to high school. Tonight, I was going to perform my first musical at South Miami High. For the past four months, the cast has worked and rehearsed our asses off. It was so much longer and harder than any other show I've ever worked on to be honest. Dance didn't even compare. We put in many hours and much dedication into almost 70 rehearsals and now it was time to show it off.

"You ready for tonight, Lauren?" Shawn asked as he came over to me at my locker this morning.

"I think so. Ready as I'll ever be," I said unsure about my nerves.

"You're gonna do so well. You've been working so hard and I know you're gonna kill it," he assured.

"Thanks, dude," I smiled weakly. "You too."

"Hi, Lauren," Camila came over to me.

"Well, if it isn't my...friend coming over to say hi to me outside in the hallway after like a month," I grinned.

"I know, I missed it. I finally got Dorito boy off my back and we can just talk like old times."

"Come here," I opened my arms and she hugged me. Her arms felt like home and I just wanted to stay in them forever.

"I missed your hugs too. You give the best ones," she sighed, burying her head underneath my chin like how she used to.

"You too," I breathed, taking her scent that I always loved. "Don't you look cute," I complimented once we pulled away. She was dressed in white ripped pants and a maroon ribbed funnel neck top.

 She was dressed in white ripped pants and a maroon ribbed funnel neck top

"Do I?" she spun around. Wow, really cute.

"Yeah," I nodded, grinning.

"But I love this shirt. It's so cool," she opened up my jacket, revealing my black "less bullshit" top.

 It's so cool," she opened up my jacket, revealing my black "less bullshit" top

"Thanks," I chuckled, not even realizing I was staring at her lips.

She stared back until she spoke up, "So, you're ready to go?"

"Uhh...what?" I looked back up to her eyes.

"Ready to go to homeroom?" she chuckled.

"Yeah, sure," I lightly smirked.