Chapter 10

Camila's POV

    "I'm so sorry I said that, Camz. I wasn't thinking," Lauren said as she drove us over to Dinah's house.

    "No, babe, you were perfectly fine. It's okay don't feel bad," I consoled. I could tell Lauren was beating herself up over what she said to me while my parents were right there watching our whole interaction. I didn't want to make her feel upset since she didn't do anything wrong.

    "Sometimes I just forget," she said quietly.

    "I know it sucks having to hide this from my folks but don't worry this is only temporary," I tried to say confidently.

    "Do you have any idea when you're gonna tell them?" she asked.

    "Nope. I hate hiding us and want to tell them but I'm just really afraid of how they're gonna react."

    "Maybe they'll accept it. You never know?" she said trying to be optimistic.

    "They won't. I already know they believe homosexuality is wrong but I'm just more afraid of whether or not they'll ban me from seeing you or something."

    "Do you really think they'd do that?" Lauren questioned fearfully.

    "I don't know...and I really don't want to think about it anymore," I said shaking those thoughts from my head. "Let's just get to Dinah's house and have a fun rest of the night." I held her hand interlacing our fingers and rubbed it with my thumb.

    She looked down and smiled. "Whatever you say, babe. Tonight's all about you," the raven head said kissing the back of my hand.

______________________________________________________________________________

    "Alright, losers, what movie do you wanna watch?" Dinah asked the four of us. We were spread out in her living room. Lauren and I cuddled up on a couch, Ally on another couch, Normani lying down on the floor, and Dinah on the floor in her bean bag chair holding the remote in her hand.

    "Can we watch Rent or The Sound of Music?" Lauren asked excitedly.

    "No, Lauren, we're NOT watching ANY musicals. Damn, you give me a headache with those," Dinah rejected. Lauren whined throwing a pillow at Dinah's head.

    "Ooh can we watch a Christmas movie!?" Ally asked jumping in her seat.

    "Ally, it's not even Thanksgiving yet," Dinah rejected again.

    "Hmm how about a scary movie?" Normani suggested.

    "Ah good idea, Mani. See this is why Manibear's the best at suggesting movies. She always knows what to offer," Dinah smiled looking through the Netflix scary movie genre.

    "Umm a scary movie?" I said nervously.

    "You don't like scary movies, Camzi?" Lauren asked me.

    "No," I almost whispered.

    "Aw, baby, don't worry I'll hold you and keep you safe," Lauren said sweetly kissing my cheek.

    I smiled at her but was still scared shitless.

    "I love it when you call me baby," I smirked into her neck.

    "Ugh I'm gagging," Dinah rolled her eyes at us. "Let's watch Insidious 2."

    "Ooh that was one's good," Lauren grinned.

    "I'm down," Normani agreed.

    "I guess," Ally sighed.

    Call me a baby but I absolutely hated scary movies and this one was making me hate them even more. Throughout the night watching it, I had my head buried in Lauren's neck with a blanket covering my whole body. I didn't dare to look at the screen. Every once in a while Lauren would kiss the top of my forehead or stick her head underneath the blanket.