Chapter 20

A/N: A few songs are in this so if you want, I recommend listening to them while reading the lyrics to get the full experience. Broadway original cast recordings or Glee versions are good.

Lauren's POV

"Babe," I whispered before kissing Camila's head. It was 7 am and time for us to get ready for our auditions. I kissed her head a few times and stroked her cheek. She stirred a bit under the covers, turning away from me.

    "Camzi, time to wake up," I said quietly.

    "No," she groaned into the pillow.

    "Yes, our auditions are today," I rubbed her arm up and down.

    "I'm scared."

    "So am I but we won't fulfill our dreams if we don't go," I then went to massage her scalp.

    "I just want it to be over," she groaned now facing me.

    "I know and it will be once we get up and start the day. I promise it'll be over before you know it," I kissed her head once again.

    "You always know what to say," she half smiled.

    We then got out of bed and got ready, showering (together to save time), dressing, doing hair and makeup. I dressed in a white long sleeved cropped sweater, black skinny jeans, and black platform boots. Camila dressed in a red off the shoulder lace top, washed black jeans, and light gray boots. We also had dance outfits for the dance call.

 We also had dance outfits for the dance call

We also warmed up our voices together in the bathroom and did a last minute rehearsal of our songs and monologues.

    "Perfect," I nodded smiling once Camila finished her song.

    "You sure?" she asked nervously.

    "Absolutely. I will be outraged if you don't get in."

    "Same with you. Yours is incredible."

    It was around 8:15 when we were just about ready. We went downstairs for our complimentary breakfast which was good so we didn't have to pay for any more expensive things. Then, we took the subway to the building where we were going to audition.