Chapter 1

❝ You got to wonder why we cling to our expectations, because the expected is just what keeps us steady

❝ You got to wonder why we cling to our expectations, because the expected is just what keeps us steady. The expected's just the beginning, the unexpected is what changes our lives.❝

The chill evening wind hit her body, making her shiver lightly as she stepped out from the cab, that drove her to the airport.

She took a deep nervous breath before she started walking towards the Airport entrance with both her suitcases trailing behind her.

The anticipation build up and she couldn't wait to get going, but at the same time she was scared for all those changes in her life. A whole new start, in a whole different country.

She was leaving a bad relationship behind, but also her family.

After an exhaustingly long trip, Cassidy finally landed in Seattle and got a cab and headed towards her hotel, where she was staying for a while. At least until she was sure if she wanted to stay in Seattle permanently.

She already had a job interview the next day at an office, so that she could afford her own appartement.

The dark streets flew by as the can drove towards the city.

Cassidy felt really excited. The city was almost intimidating and looked amazing in the street light.
This was going to be her home. She could just feel the excitement bubble inside herself.

The hotel and her room was stunning just like the rest of the city. Her room was big, with bright colours and an amazing view over the city and the sea in the horizon.

She was hungry, so she decided not to unpack yet, and instead she got changed into a pair of light denim jeans, a white top and a grey cardigan.
She quickly straigtened her long auburn hair, applied some more make up and headed out to grab dinner somewhere.

She breathed in the chill evening air, as she hit the street.

Striding down the almost empty street, looking for an appealing restaurant, she noticed a young man wearing a hoodie walking towards her. He was walking really fast, but she didn't give it much thought. He was probably just in a hurry.

She slowed down and took a quick look at her phone, to check on the time.

In the next second she felt an almost unbearable pain in her left side, before she felt herself pushed backwards.
A million thoughts went through her mind as she felt herself loosing her balance, before her body hit the ground with a loud thud and everything went blank.