Chapter 9

In general, lines are there for a reason : for security, for clarity. If you choose to cross the line, you pretty much do so at your own risk. So why is it, that the bigger the line, the greater the temptation to cross it?… we cant help ourselves, we see a line we want to cross it. maybe it’s the thrill of trading the familiar for the unfamiliar, a sort of personal dare. Only problem is once you’ve crossed, it’s almost impossible to go back.❞

Cassidy was watching TV when Callie showed up. It was pretty late in the evening already, and the hospital was pretty quiet.

"Hi." She greeted surprised. She wasn't in her hospital clothes, so Cassidy guessed that she was off from work.

"Hey. Derek will be ready in an hour, so I'm here to get you ready for you dinner." She said cheerfully.

"Oh. Okay." Cassidy said hesitantly.

Callie opened tje closet and started to go through Cassidy's clothes.

"Isn't it a bit weird?" Cassidy asked earning herself a questioningly look from Callie.

"He's married." Cassidy sighed.

Callie took a deep breath, before she walked up to the bed and sat down at the edge.

"They are broken beyond repair. You don't come back after a betrayal like that." She explained.

"Don't put too much thought into it. Derek's a good guy and he really likes you." She said smiling.

Cassidy responded with a weak smile.

"Let's get you ready." Callie said smiling before walking back to the closet.

She helped Cassidy get dressed, and did her hair and make up.

"Ready." Callie said happily as she finished the last touches.

"Your escort is here." Mark announced happily as he walked in.

"Are you ready?" Mark asked in a cheerful tone.

Cassidy nodded nervously. She wasn't really comfortable with this. Derek was still married and it would be a huge mess if they got caught because the doctors weren't allowed to date patients.

Mark carefully helped her up and into her wheelchair. She was finally so much better, that she could manage to walk for a few steps at least.

"Have a nice night." Callie said with a wide smile as they made their way out of the door.

Mark and Cassidy finally reached what looked like a meeting room, in a pretty secluded part of the hospital.
The room was beautifully decorated with flowers and a few candles.

Derek had ordered some food and was setting it up, as Mark pushed the wheelchair into the room.

Derek almost immediately dropped everything and went to greet her.

With a little help from Mark, Cassidy got up from the wheelchair and stepped towards Derek.

Derek had a huge warm smile on his face as he stopped in front of her . He gently took her hands to make sure, that she was standing solidly on her feet.

"Enjoy your dinner." Mark said quietly with a smile, before he almost tip toed out of the room.

Derek didn't take his eyes of Cassidy , even though she turned away to send a grateful smile to Mark. This night wouldn't be possible without him and Callie's help. Mark would guard the door, to make sure no one found out.

Derek gallantly helped Cassidy to her chair.

"Thank you." She said cheerfully, before he placed a soft kiss on her cheek.

The food he bought was amazing and they had a wonderful and very romantic night together.

She slowly felt like she got to know him a bit better and he explained the situation with Meredith and Zola.

They finished up and made their way back to her room.
Mark and Callie would clear the room, while Derek got her back to bed.

Derek helped her get all her pillows in place for a good night's sleep.

"I have to get back and help Mark and Callie." He said with an apologetic look on his face.

"Sure." Cassidy said with a smile, trying to hide her disappointment.

"I had a really good time tonight. Thank you." She continued smiling warmly.

"Me too." Derek said smiling before leaning down for a kiss.
The kiss was delicate and soft, but still very intense. A lot of anticipation had build through the evening. Cassidy couldn't wait to finally getting released from the hospital so they could stop sneaking around.

"I'll stop by tomorrow." He said before placing a quick peck on her lips.