Chapter 7

You Know How When You Were A Little Kid And You Believed In Fairy Tales? That Fantasy Of What Your Life Would Be – White Dress, Prince Charming Who'd Carry You Away To A Castle On A Hill...
But the thing is, it's hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely because almost everyone still has that smallest bit of hope and faith that one day they'll open their eyes and it will all come true.

Both Callie and Mark had stopped by through the day. Cassidy felt so blessed, that they would all check on her through the day and that they were all there for her, even though they didn't really know her.

Derek finally showed up late in the evening. He was dressed in a shirt and jeans. It was nice to see him in normal clothes and not scrubs or a white coat.

He had a small bag with him.

"I brought some strawberries. I hope you like them." He said hesitantly.

"I love strawberries." Cassidy answered with a chuckle.

A relieved expression spread across his face.

"I would have brought champagne too, but since you're not allowed to drink yet..." He finished with a shrug.

They enjoyed the strawberries, before he suggested going on the tour he promised earlier.

He carefully helped Cassidy into a wheelchair, and started their tour through the empty halls.

It was so nice finally to get out of thr room, and actually see the hospital. She didn't see anything when she got in that night.

Derek ended their tour on the roof top. He made sure that she was comfortable, wrapped in a couple of blankets.

The air was chilly, but it wasn't cold. The view was absolutely breathtaking, with the lights from the skyscrapers.

"It's so beautiful." cassidy6 said in awe, making a small chuckle escape his lips.

He had prepared everything. He had placed a chair and something for them to drink on the roof.

"I thought you said I couldn't drink." Cassidy chuckled looking at the champagne by the chair.

"One small glass won't hurt." He answered smiling.

They sat down and watched the skyline for some time.

"Are you cold?" He asked a bit concerned, placing his hand on hers.

"No." She almost whispered after she turned her eyes towards him.

His hands slowly traveled from her hand, to the side of her head, slowly and very carefully pushing a strand of hair back.

A deep breath escaped his lips, with his fingers running down her cheek. He slowly shifted in his chair and leaned towards her.

She wasn't sure if it was the champagne working, or the scenery, but he seemed even more intoxicating than usual.

His eyes searched for hers, trying to read her.

She felt the anticipation build up, as she looked him into the eyes. She just couldn't take it anymore, and finally closed the gap between them.
His lips felt amazing against hers, as they found a perfect slow rhythm.

She almost felt dizzy as she pulled back. Their faces were only a few inches apart, as they looked each other in the eyes. His hand was still resting on her chin, stroking it gently with his thumb.

"Let's get you inside." He said softly, before getting up.

Derek helped Cassidy back into her bed and made sure that she was comfortable.

"I'll stop by before work tomorrow." He said quietly before placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Sleep tight." He said smiling before leaving the room.

Cassidy sighed as she rolled onto her side, to sleep. She wasn't sure how to handle this. He was married and she feared that it would be really awkward to see him again.