Waiting

Luhan's POV

The next morning I woke up with a text from Baek saying that I need to get to Chanyeol's house asap. I was confused, but pulled on some black jeans and a random shirt anyway going downstairs and putting on some sneakers.

"Where are you going honey?" My mother asked, arms crossed over her chest.

"Baekhyun wanted to meet up." I answered, starting to walk out.

"Okay, take a jacket its cool out today." My mother said, hinting that it was nearing the middle of September and I couldn't leave without one.

I nodded taking the first jacket I saw off the rack before putting it on and getting in my car, looking at the address Baekhyun texted me and saying I'd be there soon. I only noticed I wasn't wearing my own jacket when I felt a phone vibrate in the pocket, taking it out I saw the caller ID said 'Hongbin' it was Sehun's phone and jacket. I should probably give it back to him, I'll give it to him if he's a Chanyeol's, even though it is quite comfy, I still should give it back.

****

Arriving at Chanyeol's, I got out of my car, locking it before knocking on the door of the large house. Baekhyun answered the door and stepped aside, letting me walk in before closing the door behind him again. Following him to the living room I saw Chanyeol and in all honesty started worrying, he was staring at the floor and didn't seem like himself in general.

"Are you wearing Sehun's jacket?" Chanyeol laughed, finally looking up as I sat in one of the armchairs, Baekhyun joining Chanyeol on the couch.

"Oh uh yeah, sorry, he left it at my house I was going to give it back, her-"

"Keep it for now, you look cute in it considering it's slightly too big for you." Chanyeol laughed again. I blushed slightly cuddling back into the chair after giving Chanyeol Sehun's phone.

"So where is Sehun anyway? Thought he'd be around here." I questioned.

"That's why I texted you. Luhan there's something we need to tell you." Baekhyun started.

"Sehun's in the hospital." I immediately leaned forward in the chair at Chanyeol's words, hoping I'd heard wrong.

"Last night from your house he went straight home, but he didn't come here like usual he went to his own home, I knew because he texted me when he got to your house. Baekhyun that's why I tried to hurry with your tutoring so I could get to Sehun's... I didn't think it would take me until four in the morning to go out and get stupid shit for my parents. By the time I got to his house he... Was on the floor throwing up blood and holding his stomach."

With each of Chanyeol's words I felt like a swords was being pushed deeper and deeper into my heart. I'd admitted to to myself last night that I did indeed like Sehun, no matter how cold he was or how much he tried to push me away because I saw hints of his real personality, when we would be studying instead of just not paying attention or listening like in school, he'd sit there and pout and whine asking me to do it for him. He acted like an adorable child at times, and that side of him, the real him, was who I was falling for. Now he's laying in a hospital bed and I can't do anything about it.

"What happened?" I asked, my voice coming out in only a little more than a whisper. Baek grabbed my hand gently and pulled me over onto his lap running his hand soothingly up and down my back.

"He got stabbed in the stomach. That's all I can say, but they don't know when he's going to wake up they said it could take anywhere from two days to two months we just have to hope it's soon." Chanyeol said.

"Can we go see him?" I asked, playing with the sleeves on Sehun's jacket.

"Yeah, I want to go to make sure if he wakes up we are there." Chanyeol agreed and we all three got up, walking the the door.

"I know you like him. I could tell from how you reacted when I told you." Chanyeol whispered to me as Baekhyun went ahead.

"So what?"

"Listen I say go for it when the time is right. He needs someone in his life he can trust besides me, and I can tell you've seen more of his real personality than most people. He talks to me about you too, it's a first and I think he likes you too." Chanyeol explain. I nodded in reply.

"Do you like Baek?" I asked.

"I don't know yet." I nodded again and we joined Baekhyun in the car, me getting in the drivers seat and driving to the hospital.

***four weeks later***

Chanyeol Baek and I were sitting in Chanyeol's house on the couch watching a movie yet not really paying attention. It had been four weeks, but for some reason Sehun hadn't woke up yet, the doctors expected him to be awake by this time. It was taking quite a toll on Chanyeol, he wasn't eating as often, only when we forced him too, and could only sleep when either Baekhyun or myself was there to keep him from breaking down. We'd became pretty close with Chanyeol these past few weeks, getting to know more about him when we would have our days of happiness only to have them be cut short when we heard nothing from the hospital. There was a point when something had gone wrong and Sehun's heart had stopped for a moment, but they ended up getting it going again.

It hurt. It hurt seeing the one you possibly love almost die yet again... I couldn't even cry anymore, all the tears I had energy for had been shed a while ago being too tired to produce anymore. I had gone there every day since I found out, occasionally falling asleep in one of the chairs by his bed being too exhausted to drive home or to Chanyeol's.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun went around as often as they possibly could, meaning Chanyeol was there almost every day with me only missing a day when Baekhyun made him stay home and eat and get some well needed rest. He tried to do the same for me, but I wouldn't listen to him. I was getting slightly thinner, but not much, I still when I needed too and slept when needed as well.

Today would mark the end of the fourth week. Four weeks since I admitted to myself that I was falling for the 'worst guy' in school, four weeks since I have seen his pouting or smiling face. Four weeks of him not trying to push me away but finally giving in when he realized I wasn't going anywhere. Four weeks since the bad boy Oh Sehun was causing trouble all around school. And four weeks since I promised to myself that I wouldn't let anything like this happen to him again.

I was woke up from something, or someone squeezing my hand. It was the softest movement, but it was enough to make me wide awake. Staring at Sehun all the hope I'd been keeping was continuing, wanting nothing more than for him to be awake. His hand twitched slightly and I continued to stare wide-eyed at him.

"Didn't I say staring was rude." Sehun's voice spoke. It was dry and forced, barely being over a whisper, but I heard it.

I was too happy, hugging him as tightly as I could still being careful to avoid his stomach and ribs, and he weakly hugged back while I sobbed into his shoulder. For once in these past four weeks it was from sheer happiness and not overwhelming sadness.