Chapter 7

Justin's P.O.V

After school, I went to the local library. I so need to get to the bottom of this. I walked inside and the place just screamed, haunted. I gulped and I slowly walked towards the librarian When I stood at the desk, she looked like she was fast asleep. Awkward.... I tapped my fingers on the wooden surface.

"Umm....excuse me?" I asked. The old lady woke up with a startle. She looked at me as she fixed her glasses. "Hi..umm.....do you have like a ....horror historical section thing?" I asked. She groaned as she got off her seat. She walked out from her desk and she started to walk...well....somewhere.

I started to follow her. We went to this BIG ass section in the lirbary filled with towering shelves. "What are you looking for sweetheart?" asked the old lady. Her voice was raspy...something you except in a horror film. OH SHIT! THIS LADY IS GUNNA KILL ME! SHE IS GUNNA KILL ME!

"Umm....do you have any books on Little Red Riding Hood AKA Yvette Barrera?" I asked. The old lady then suddenly dropped a huge text book. It hit the ground with a slam that bounced around every corner of the room. I bent down and I looked at the book. The book was opened at a blank page. I picked the book up and I looked through a few pages.

Blank....every single one of them....weird book. Who would ever want to read this?! I rolled my eyes and I closed the book. The cover closed with a slam. The cover was covered in leather and it has prefect, old aged, golden lettering for the title. Little Red Riding Hood : The History

HEY! I think this is it. "Oh! I think this is the book. Thanks for...." I looked around and the librarian disappeared. Freaky shit.... I held onto the book tight and I quickly walked out of the area. I sat down at a table. I placed my bag on the seat next to me and I looked at the cover of the book. I brushed my hand on the leather. I traced the golden lettering with my finger.

I sighed. Well this is it...isn't it. I flipped opened the cover. I looked at the page. it was like a golden brown colour. It looked like someone spilt tea all over it. The page looked like it has been aging.

"A book about me? how sweet." I looked up and I saw her. I jumped back in my seat. "Shit! Where did you come from?" I whispered. She shrugged. "I'm a demon der! I can pop up anywhere!" she exclaimed. I rolled my eyes and I looked through the pages.

"You're not gunna find what you are looking for in there." she said. I looked and I saw her leaning her left hand at the edge of the table. "That's what you think." I said. "That's what I know. You can't look through books. You gotta go through the real thing." she said. "You're not gunna send me back to your time right?" I asked. She laughed. "How stupid is that?! That only happens in movies." she said.

I rolled my eyes. I looked at her hand and I noticed she was wearing something. It was small. it kinda glistened in the light and it was sliver. Is that what I think it is? "Hey is that a ring?" I asked. She jumped and she hide her hand. "No." she said. I looked at her. "Were you...engaged?" I asked. "Shut up! just leave me alone!" she exclaimed. "How can I when you are haunting me?!" I exclaimed as I jumped out of my seat. "SHHH!" I looked and I saw the old librarian looking at me.

I cooled down and I sat back down. "Look, I just have one question.....who was that boy you killed?" I asked. She smirked at me. "That secret might kill you before I do." she whispered and then she slowly disappeared as the wind from a near by window blew. I looked and the curtains were flying. I gulped. I'm in a freaky library, all alone...with a demon haunting me...oh joy!

I shook off my negitivity and I looked through the pages. They were all blank. WHAT IS THIS BOOK?!?! I groaned and I pushed the book away from me. "Say what you need and it will show..." I looked around. Did someone say something? "Just say what you need and it will show in the book." The voice was soft, raspy, al most dead like. As if it was the final words from someone who was lying on their death bed,

I then heard a book fall. I turned around and The old librarian was there picking up the book. I watched her carefully. There was something about her that creeped me out. I turned back around and I looked at the book. I slowly brought it back to me. I looked at the blank page.

"Who....Who was Little...Little Red Riding Ho-Hood's b-boyfriend?" I stuttered. The pages magically started to flick furiously. My heart started to race against the speed of the flickering pages. My eyes tried to follow the movemnt of the pieces of paper. Left to Right... Back and Forth...

And then the pages stopped. It was another blank page. UGH! THIS IS STUPID! I stood up and JUST when I was about to slam the book shut. Something started to appear.

It was old calligraphy. It was coming out as a...navy black ish colour.

It has been said that Little Red Riding Hood (Yvette Aiden Barrera) never had a boyfriend, but instead had an arranged marriage to a boy whom was once her best friend then turned into a lover. He was a training blacksmith with the hidden riches from his maternal's side of the family who turned out to be royal. The young man was however involved in music. Always wanted to be an entertainer for the Royal Kingdom. His family was complicated. He had two half siblings belongs to his father and step mother. He chose to live with his biological mother as well as her parents.

Why...Why does that sound like me?

I looked further down the page. My eyes widen. "Holy shit..." I whispered. A picture slowly started to appear.

I slowly backed away from the book. My heart was beating in my head. I started to tense up. "I gotta get out of here." I whispered to myself. I quickly grabbed my bag and I turned around.

"Going somewhere Justin? Or should I say...Derek."