A life changing decision

Chloe Grace Moretz As Hailey Watson

Chapter One

Hailey:

I was sitting in my room near the window and reading my favorite book, which had a lot of mystery and thrill. I loved reading books before going to bed because they kept me distracted from recalling all the horrible memories in my past that haunted me every night.

I shivered thinking about last week's nightmare. In my nightmare, I was crying hysterically at something my mom said, and then the world collapsed under me as I fell into darkness.

I wanted to keep reading and finish the whole book before going to bed, but it seemed impossible to continue due to sleepiness. I closed the book and put it on my study table then I got up from the chair.

My eyes caught the glowing full moon outside my window, and I stared at it. It looked beautiful, spreading light in the darkness of the night. Suddenly, the rustling of the trees in the garden made me jump. I looked outside but couldn't see anything or anyone. Before something would appear and scare me, I decided to go to bed.

I jumped on my bed and pulled the comforter up to my chin. The softness of the new sheets felt so nice, making me sigh in contentment. I snuggled my face in the pillows and drifted into a dreamless slumber.

The shouting and screaming of my mother woke me up. I looked around, and my eyes landed on the wall clock, which was showing that it was half-past twelve. I heard the shattering of glass and jumped from the bed, running out of my room to search my parents and granddad.

The angry voices of my mom and granddad led me to my granddad's study room. The door of the study room was slightly opened and taking advantage of it, I silently slipped inside. I found my mom standing in the middle of the room crying and mumbling something. My dad was sitting on the couch and staring at the floor like it was the most interesting thing in the world.

I didn't know what was going on and I was scared to find out. I noticed anger and worry etched on my granddad's face while he was busy glaring at my mom. They didn't know I was standing in the corner and watching everything.

Finally, I got the courage to open my mouth. "What is happening? Mom, dad?" I asked them.

Their heads snapped in my direction, and their eyes stared at me with terror. My gaze connected with my mom and I found myself frozen. Her eyes were filled with hate, and the hate was directed at me. I feared for my life at that moment.

In my sixteen years of existence, I never saw this much hate for me in my mom's eyes. I was used with her disappointed glances at me, but this glare felt dangerous. Like it promised to inflict m an unimaginable amount of pain.

My father noticed the look on my mom's face and shook his head.

"Hailey, go back to your room," my dad said.