Bonus Chapter: Cameron

Cameron's POV:

After nine months of studying hard, I graduated from boarding school and finally found the chance to go home and meet my little nephew Noah. Hailey would send me his cute pictures, but I just wanted to hug that little bundle of joy that always put a beautiful smile on his mother's face.

I already loved my little nephew. I wanted him to grow up fast, so I could teach him how to drive sports bike and spray paint walls without getting caught by cops. I would not let him take after his father's boring personality. He would turn out a smart and fun guy like his uncle. Then my mind reminded me that he was only one month old at the moment. I would have to wait for sixteen years to finally teach him all this stuff.

The day when I found out Hailey was pregnant; I felt concerned for her and my brother. I didn't what were they thinking when they decided to have a baby. They were both still too young for such a responsibility and their relationship wasn't stable at that moment. The baby brought great joy to our house after the death of our grandfather, surpassingly the news brought Chase out of the grief of losing our granddad.

The car stopped outside my house. I got out of the car and told the driver to bring my bags inside. I made my way towards the main door and entered expecting to hear a welcome from everyone as they know from weeks that I would be coming back home today.

Did the silence in the house bother me? It bothered me a lot, and it made me specious that something wasn't right.

"Mom, where are you?" I yelled.

She didn't reply and my heart started to beat a little faster. I went straight to my parents' room and found Allison sitting on the chair near the bed where my mother was sleeping soundly.

Allison looked up at me and got up from the chair. She took my arm and dragged me back to the living room.

"Allison, is everything fine?" I asked her worried.

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. "Cameron, let's sit on the couch then I will tell you everything,"

We sat down on the couch. I looked at her in anticipation, waiting for her to tell me something, but she stayed silent. My eyes went to her hands. She started to play with her fingers and it was a clear give away that she was nervous.

I placed my hand on her and she stopped playing with her fingers.

"Allison, please tell me what's the matter? Why mom is sleeping at two in the afternoon? Where is everyone?" I asked her.

"Mom is sleeping because she took the sleeping pills for some peace," Allison said.

"Why? She never took sleeping pills before. And as much as I remember she always hated pills," I said.

"She is sad, her heart is breaking, but she has too much pride. She wouldn't accept her defeat and failure," Allison said looking down.

"Please stop talking in riddles," I said irritated.

"Chase has moved out," Allison said.

"Moved out? When? Where he is living now?" I asked her.

"He didn't tell us where he is going?" Allison said.

"What do you mean? Did he leave without saying anything? Dad must know where he is? Did he take Hailey and Noah with him too?" I asked in a panic.

My mind was torn between worry for my brother and my mother. In my whole eighteen years of life, I had never seen my mom in such a fragile condition. She was the woman who always looked ready for photo-shoot, so now, finding her in a feeble state increased my tension.