The Beginning of something new

Chace Crawford as Chase Edwards

Chapter four

Hailey's POV:

When we landed at the New York airport, the driver was waiting for us outside to take us home. The driver took the bag from my hand and put it in the trunk of the car. Chase got inside the car after dropping his back on the ground for the driver to put in the back with my bag.

I glared at his back for being rude to me then got inside the car. Chase stayed busy with his cell phone, avoiding my presence again. I stared at the tall buildings for a while then dozed off because of the tiredness of the wedding.

Next thing I knew, someone was shaking me brutally, making me groan and slap the hand away that was on my shoulder.

"Wake up! I don't have time for this." I heard an angry voice.

Groaning, I opened my eyes and found Chase staring at me with anger. In seconds, I was awake and out of the car. I looked around the neighborhood, and the beauty took me off guard. The beautiful two-story white house in front of me had a vast garden and gave the vibes of peace and calm.

Chase took our bags from the driver and made his way towards the house. I followed him like a lost puppy. Suddenly, he stopped outside the door and searched his pants' pockets then pulled out a key. He unlocked the door and went inside without even bothering to invite me in.

I was hurt by the way he was behaving. I was not expecting him to accept me as his wife in one day, but he could at least welcome me in his house. It looked like my dream of happily ever after was not going to come true any time soon.

I could understand that he wasn't ready for such a huge change in life neither was I, but we had no choice other than to accept our fate. At least he should be thankful that he had spent twenty years of his life with his family that loved him and gave him the freedom to do everything. Unlike me who stayed cooped up behind the walls of my room and tried everything to feel accepted by my mom and this cruel society.

I entered the house and shut the door. When the lights were switched on, I gasped at the expensively decorated living room. Everything in the house looked extravagant and perfect.

I was pulled out from my dazed state when I heard Chase's voice.

"Follow me. Your room is upstairs," Chase said, making his way upstairs with our bags.

I nodded my head even when I knew he wasn't looking at me and followed him upstairs. After the long flight of stairs, four rooms came to my view. Passing by the first three rooms, Chase made his way towards the last room in the left corner.

He twisted the doorknob and pushed open the door. Then he stepped inside with my bags and switched on the lights of the room.

I stared at the room with my mouth agape.