Chapter 3 - A bumpy road to recovery

No one's POV
As the weeks go by, the two newly engaged think about moving in and the house is a bustle with life as they get ready for the baby. Lauren finally gets her wish of having her father walk her down the aisle and the wedding turns into one of the happiest days of her life. There were tears at the wedding but happy ones and even Greg worked his magic on the dance floor. The last two dances were full of tears and hugs as the first one was her father and the last was her brother, Greg. At last her life was coming together. Even her case was solved by Greg and Sara. Turns out, the brother was a witness. He confessed to seeing everything and taking her sister not as a hostage but to take her away from the cruelty she was facing and it was not against her will she wanted to be with him. He didn't harm her ONE bit. It was the co-worker whom the father, Adam Lee Davis had a scuffle with. The police stopped him trying to fly to Mexico with a fake identity and when they searched his place they found all the empty Benzodiazepines bottles and a 9mm Luger which matched the bullets found in the dead kid and parents. When they took his DNA and fingerprints it matched the set of unknowns at both the house from the break in, on the gun which killed the parents and the kid and a more recent set which was from when he killed them. He later admitted to slipping in the drugs and when they didn't work he resorted to a more...efficient way of elimination. He slipped in one night to try and get rid of Adam. The rest of the family, the adopted kid and the mother, were just collateral damage. They saw so they had to be taken care of. He couldn't find the other 2 so he stalked them. He started stalking Jeremy way before slipping in the drugs and killing the parents and Michael. That's why he ran away and took his sister and finally the break in at the Davis house was the first time he slipped in the drugs. He hadn't made a copy of the house keys yet so he had to break in the first time. He was arrested for stalking, forging ID's, first degree murder and breaking and entering. He was given a life sentence without the possibility of parole and awaits trial to see if he's sentenced any further and the missing blood pool, because the blood from the three family members was mixed, it all gave the same DNA profile which was proven with later testing.

Lauren's POV
It's been a few months at least since we found out and my stomach and cravings continue to grow with the only painful differences been; buying big clothes because my normal ones no longer fit because of my huge belly and the fact that now it is almost a fully grown being nearly ready to come out so kicking it's ever so humble den seems to be the most SENSIBLE option. Currently I still go to work with a lot of convincing from the team, Grissom, Nick, Greg and my parents. Right now, I'm sitting at home with my ever so growing belly on the couch, with one of Nick's oversized t-shirts with stretch pants, watching nonsense on TV while I TRY and wait patiently for breakfast to be ready. I almost forgot, after multiple discussions with Greg and the parentals, Nick and I have moved in. Or more precisely I've moved into his MUCH bigger house. We've finished setting up the baby's room and are living wonderfully as a new family. Nick walks in with my breakfast or should I say the baby's breakfast...I snort before I draw in my breath, face twisted in pain. "Lauren?! Is the baby coming?!" Nick looks at me worryingly, hands inches away from the phone. "Babe, it's fine. Just a kick. It's months till the baby's ready. We don't even know the gender yet. Speaking of the devil, pass me the phone, will you babe? I need to call the clinic to see when we can find out the next sonography is." I ask. I call, asking about my next appointment. "Nick, they say my next appointment is tomorrow..." I pout. "Okay...? What am I missing here? Is tomorrow such an important day that you can't miss work for the sonography?" Nick asks, confused. "I just don't want to be couped up in a doctor's office all day, plus I'm working on a case with Catherine and the evidence needs to go to court TOMORROW." I whine. "Don't worry. I'm sure Catherine will understand. I'll ring and tell her to find some else to help finish the case. It's important that you go to each one. Please princess, for the baby? For me?" he gives me the puppy eyes. I smack him playfully, laughing at his face. He holds my hands, face sincere, closing in. His lips brush mine ever so gently but I lean it deepening the kiss. Once I've had my breakfast, I yawn, my eyes heavy from sleep. "Mummy's tired...come on let's get you to bed..." he lifts me up despite my many complaints. "Nicky!!! PUT ME DOWN!!!! I can walk myself!!!! The baby demands to walk!!!" I yell trying to get him to put me down. He snorts before saying, "Fat chance, the baby, wants to sleep. Missy!!" I can't help but giggle and give in, burying my head in his chest. I mumble an "I love you" before drifting off as soon as I hit the bed.