Chapter 27

Hoshi's PV

As I woke up, my head felt kind of heavy. I looked around but Nanami wasn't there. I decided to get up and search for her. I walked through the shrine, like a zombie. I finally found her, practicing this stupid dance.

"Why are you still practicing?" I asked, leaning against the wall.

"Because I don't want to disappoint Tomoe and the others." She answered.

I sighed.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"By the way, I saw you and Tomoe, yesterday evening." She muttered.

"Oh, yeah."

"What do you mean with 'Oh, yeah.'?"

"That's means that I don't care about last evening."

"You don't care?! Tomoe told you that he loves you, and you don't care?!" Nanami yelled angrily.

"Of course I don't care. It's not my fault that he loves someone who doesn't love him back."

"What's wrong with you Hoshi?! How can you say something like this?!"

I stayed silent.

"Say something!"

"You want me to say something? Good, then listen. I don't care about his feelings towards me, because he doesn't care about your feelings towards you. Your feelings are more important to me than his. I can't be together with him, because I want you to be with him and no one else."

"Hoshi, I-"

"Hey, there!" Nanami got interrupted by an unknown voice.

As we turned towards the voice we saw a.... guy? A woman? A guy? With dark orange hair and yellow eyes. He or she was wearing strange clothes and had a scarf wrapped around his or her neck.

"Who the heck-"

I held my hand over Nanami's mouth, avoiding possible consequences for being impolite.

"Hello. Err..." I said, trying to find out his name.

"Otohiko." The guy said.

"OK. Hello Otohiko. I'm Hoshi and that's Nanami. So, what brings you here?" I asked sounding as polite as possible.

"I'm an old friend of Mikage and I'm here to test your powers."

"Our powers?" Nanami questioned.

But he just disappeared without another word.

"Who the heck is this guy?" Nanami asked me.

"Oh, he is the Wind God."

"Oh, OK."

"Yes. Hey don't you think you should continue practicing your dance?"

"Yeah, you're right."

*Time Skip*

As I watched Nanami for a while, I suddenly started feeling uneasy. Nanami also stopped dancing. She looked at me.

"Is it just me or-"

"The atmosphere fells kind of weird."

"Yes. Let's go outside." Nanami said.

I stood up and we walked outside. What we saw outside shocked us both. There was black fog around the shrine. (Sorry I forgot the name,but I think it was Miasma, right?)