Chapter 41

"I'm not even going to complain about it. No. I won't." I mumbled to myself and watched Nanami and Aoi arguing.

It's not like it's a terrible decision of her to decide, that we should pay the prince a visit. No, of course not. Why should it be? We're just paying him a visit to have a nice and friendly chat, about his idea of marring Himemiko. Nothing could possibly go wrong.

.

.

.

God, I should have left the shrine for some unnecessary reason like I always do. Then I wouldn't be stuck in a swamp shrouded with fishy smell.

"Nanami... Aoi is right... It's not okay to pay this prince guy a visit. You might cause us even more problems." I mentioned and stared at her.

"What do you mean with causing even more trouble? I never caused any trouble before." She replied with a carefree smile.

"Yeah... sure..." I whispered sarcastically and looked away with a blank expression.

"Are you telling me, that I'm lying?" Nanami asked with a slightly cold voice.

"Of course not!" I responded and turned my head away, trying to avoid her gaze.

"Then there is no need to worry, right?" She turned away and walked off.

"Well... I still don't like your idea though. I better go back to the shrine." I mumbled and pointed behind my back, slowly walking backwards.

"No, you're not." Nanami grabbed my hand and pulled me after her.

"I'm getting kidnapped! Someone help me!!!" I shouted, but Nanami just kept dragging me along.

"Why are you like this?!" She whispered annoyed.

"Because I don't want this?!" I shouted in my head and raised my arms.

Of course Nanami couldn't hear me. This question could also be rhetorical, but I didn't care about this.

I need a break from everyone. If I survive this here I'll leave Japan for the next ten years. I don't know where to go though. But as long as I leave and no keeps bothering me I'll be fine with everything.

Not getting dragged into any annoying situations, because of Nanami.

That sound like a nice break. I crossed my arms and sighed peacefully.

"What are you dreaming about with such a smile? You haven't done anything remarkable today, that you could allow yourself to daydream now." Nanami spoke up and sighed.

I groaned in annoyance and pulled away.

"Stop dragging me into stupid stuff I don't want to be dragged in!" I yelled at her and spun around.

"Hoshi! Get back here!" Nanami shouted at me.

"No! You always keep dragging me around like a stupid pet! I'm not you familiar like Tomoe and Mizuki are! You don't have the right to command me around like that! I'm a goddess, too." I crossed my arms and starred of into the distance "Even though, I wished that wasn't the case. I wish I would have just died after this stupid accident! Why couldn't I just wake up in hell instead of this stupid world?!"

"Hoshi..."

I clenched my fists and ran back towards the shrine. Nanami didn't seem to follow me. Luckily. I pushed the front doors open. The fish people starred at me shocked, running away from me. I stomped into my room, slamming the door behind me shut and let myself fall down onto my bed. Face first. I screamed into the pillow for a few second, before I had to catch my breath.