New Year Special (Not really though)

Hoshi's PoV

I dropped the date with Mizuki. Not because I wanted to, but because I had to, thanks to my ability of getting sick whenever I plan to do something.

High fever, aching head and I didn't want to eat anything, because I felt like throwing up whenever I smelled food.

But the worst, was the fact that Tomoe stopped speaking with me. He totally ignored me. Nanami, Akaya and Mizuki were worried as I went sick and took care of me. Tomoe didn't even dare to look for me once in a while.

I didn't understand it. He let Nanami down a few months ago, so why is he such a prick when I let him down? There is no difference. He isn't better than her, just because he is a Yokai.

It was now January the 30rd. One day before New Year eve. I was luckily feeling better, so we decided to go to the festival tomorrow. Tomoe decided to come too, but he still didn't recognize my appearance. I try to ignore it, but I can't stop feeling guilty. Ugh, I hate it. Why can I be the worst person alive whenever I want, but fail acting alright after something like this?

I hate him! Why do I feel terrible just because of him?! He doesn't deserve my pity! He would have done the same!

I kept cursing under my breath.

"Did the tree do something to you?" A voice asked.

Turning around, I noticed Akaya (in cat form) sitting on the ground.

"What do you mean?" I asked looking away.

"You're glaring at the tree since minutes, like it's done something." He replied and scratched his ear.

"Well, the tree is standing in my vision, so it's not my fault for glaring at it..." I mumbled and sighed quietly.

"Is it because of Tomoe?" Akaya asked amused.

I stayed silent, since he knew that it was about Tomoe, no matter what I had replied.

"Don't worry about him. He's exactly the same, except for not recognizing your existence. He'll come over it." He said, trying to cheer me up.

"Him? Come over it? Are you stupid?" I asked and raised an eyebrow.

"Well, at least he might start talking with you again, no matter how, but he will."

"You're not helping me." I complained and stood up.

"I'm not a therapist." Akaya mumbled under his breath.

"I never asked for your help!" I shouted at him and clenched my fists.

He stayed silent glaring back at me.

"Why are you even here?! I thought you came to help me! But every time you 'help' me, I just feel worse! Could you please stop trying to help me, or just stay away if you have nothing better to do then to look down on me?!" I asked, angrily.

.

.

.

"I'm sorry..." I whispered and went inside.

I walked along the hallway, towards my room. I meet Tomoe on my way.

"He-" I stopped.

He didn't look at me, he kept his stare straight forward, walking past me. I stopped walking and spun around, watching him go away. I clenched my fist and lowered my head.

"Fine! Screw you! I don't need you." I cursed under my breath.

Tomoe stopped for a moment, but then continued walking not looking at me.