The Great Return

It took Kadian a while to realize that the two spirits were Omose and Mimosa, the women that Zee had often mentioned in her stories. The thought had not even crossed her mind when she met the two, for they exceeded her expectations of them.

As Kadian watched Omose hug and laugh with all the excited villagers, she could see why she was missed. Omose was laden with joy and life, and it positively impacted all who were fortunate enough to be subjected to her presence. She then let her eyes wander towards Mimosa and Mohassen. The two continued to kiss while whispering sweet nothings in one another's ears. Kadian tried to tear her eyes away from them, but found it difficult.

She did not know what she had expected Mohassen's first wife to look like, but certainly not as beautiful as she was. Mimosa had impeccable, cottony, fluffy natural hair that extended an inch from her head. Her slender frame had curves in all of the ideal places, reminding Kadian that she could not say the same. 

 She observed Mimosa's face, trying hard to ignore the fact that it was pressed against Mohassen's. Defined cheekbones jaunted out of her strong, yet feminine face. Her doe-like, long lashed eyes were closed as her plump pout touched Mohassen's. Mimosa was nothing short of a princess. She simply radiated sweetness, and Kadian couldn't stand it. She then couldn't stand the fact that she couldn't stand it, because she didn't want to be envious of someone so kind. Kadian sank onto a nearby rock, and buried her head in her hands.

Someone tapped her shoulder moments later. "Well look at you child!" Zee was staring at her with wonder.

"Yeah, this is me..." 

 Zee squeezed Kadian's hand as opposed to her typical hug. Kadian immediately noticed, stood and wrapped her arms around Zee, who happily returned the embrace.

"Oh child," she sighed, "I'll admit it, I was worried. I knew you were up there, and I thought you were gone. But when I saw those lights....I just knew something special was happening. So tell me-wat happened?"

Kadian sighed. "Well, it all started-"

"My Onile, the time!" Omose's voice boomed across the village. "We have to do what we came here for. Break it off lovebirds, get some air!"

Mimosa shyly smiled and broke the kiss. She hugged Mohassen for the final time before making her way to Kadian, and offering her hand to her. Surprised, Kadian held it, and followed Mimosa as she headed towards Omose.

The two spirits stood besides Kadian, and the three of them gazed at all of the villagers. The experience was very unearthly to Kadian, who could hardly believe that none of it would have occurred had it not been for her school.

"Dearest people, it is no secret that we love you. But, as I hope you would suspect, we have not come back to you," Omose stated, causing the villagers to groan.

"Instead," Mimosa continued, "we have left you with someone who will play a much larger role in your survival-her." Mimosa placed her hand on Kadian's shoulder.

An outcry of anger and anguish broke out amongst the villagers. People shook their heads as they moaned and glowered at Kadian, clearly disgusted.

Kadian looked at all of the disappointed faces, somewhat hurt. "Do they really hate me that much?" she wondered. "Oh wow." She lowered her gaze and tried to ignore her feelings.

"CUT IT OUT!" A silence instantly fell upon the village as the villagers stared up at Omose, petrified. The looks on their faces told Kadian that they had seen her scream in a similar manner before, but only on rare occasions. After a long pause, Omose took a deep breath before she began to speak.