14

Phantom's P.O.V

"So do you think you can find anything out?" Asked Hex in the hologram.

"Of course, just give me a few hours or days," I said.

"Ok. Good and what do you think this was?" She asked me showing me a small metal ball.

"So what was the thing that took down the troops?" He asked.

"Yes. They all said they heard a high pitch buzzing but I heard nothing, so what do you think?" I asked.

"I don't know," I replied looking at it. 

"Any crazy theories then?" She asked.

"Sorry, not this time." I laughed.

"Alright, when you get one tell me since as of now I will take anything," He said.

"Well, in that case, I'll get right on it," I said. 

"Great. Well, I have to go, I am training a squad of clone troopers. So I am going to be spending like a month on Kamino." She sighed.

"Well, good luck. Also, try not to go so hard on them like Troy did to you." I said.

"Oh come on. They are supposed to be tough ." She said.

"When they say that they mean dealing with normal things. Not being able to tell if someone is lying or about to blow up a building." I said to her.

"Well, they said they want this group to be a special force. So I can go hard on them," She said smiling.

"I wish them the best of luck," I said.

"Well, I really have to go now, Bye," She said. 

"Bye." Then with that, I hung up. I began to look into the mystery person who attacked the Republic base.

The next day 

Entry Log:
I was looking into the cloak the person wore, the weird thing was that it wasn't available anywhere. The same thing with the metal ball he used and that clap that caused that trooper just to fall down was a very old skill. I called Troy and he told me that ages ago people used this and it caused the person to become a paralyzed but one problem. No one today knows about it or even how to use it, not even Troy knew how to use it. I was beginning to get a crazy thought, which was that this person was not from here. Where? I don't know yet, but I am working on it. 
Entry Log Ends.

The next day 

Entry Log: So after two days of research, I think I am finally on to something. It's hard to explain my idea, it's very crazy and it seems impossible but it is the only thing that makes sense. I haven't had a wink of sleep since Hex had me on this. Well, that's it for now.
Entry Log Ends.

I ended the log and placed it on the desk in front of me. I sighed and began to lean back but I then felt a hand go over my mouth and a gun placed right next to my head.

"Make a sound or an attempt to call for help I will shoot you." The person said. I nodded they removed their hand and moved the gun to the back of my head. From the voice, I could tell the person was male but that's it.

"Um...what do you want?" I asked.

"You to stop looking into the attack on the Republic base," He said.

"Ok. Why?" I asked.

"Since if they find out you're close to the truth they will shut you up permanently," He said.

"Wait. So I am right?" I asked.

"More or less, but you need to stop. You need to trust me," They said.

"Give me a good reason to trust you,"  I replied.

"Fine," He said removing the gun from the back of my head. "I can tell you that you're very close to the truth, you can keep going but this is much deeper than you realize."

"Ok. I can tell you're being serious, but one question how did you manage to get in here? The door is locked from the inside." I asked.

"I came down the chimney. Ho ho ho," he replied.

"Huh?"

"Never mind, it's a joke. Just never mind," he said.

"Ok have a few more questions. 1, what should I tell my friend? 2, what should I do if they come after me?"

"First, lie to them. Make something up if you have to and secondly, I can through them off your trail until you get rid of any evidence that you know what you know. Any others?" He asked

"Well yes. Why do they don't want me to know where they are from or who they are?"

"If I knew that....I would tell you but I don't." He replied.

"One last thing. WHO ARE YOU? AND HOW DO YOU KNOW ALL THIS?" I asked raising my voice.

"Quite!" He hissed.

"Sorry," I mumbled.

"Well you're a smart guy, I am sure if you put your head to it you'll figure it out. Just please listen to my warning." He said. They the room was silent I waited a few moments then turned no one was there. I turned back to the desk and thought about what I should do. I then decided, I won't tell her. Something about the way the man spoke I believe him, but at least I got this right.