Chapter 14: Hero

Sonya began to weep. She collapsed onto the ground.
"He saved me, and yet I couldn't do the same for him," Sonya said, sobbing into Cassie's shoulder. Lily looked around the cells, as she entered Johnny's cell, she noticed something. A signed photo of Johnny lay on the floor. Lily picked it up and examined it. She turned it around and saw a message.
"I. Ate. Money. It's. Now. Turning. Heads. Eating. Jelly. In. Showers. Eating. Is. Crazy. However. A. Man. Borrowed. Ears. Right!" Lily read out. Jibberish, she thought. Lily would miss this quirkiness of Johnny. Although, Johnny had a way with words, so maybe the words were a message.
"Cassie, I've found something, can you dicipher this?" Lily asked. Cassie rushed over, leaving Sonya sobbing into Kitana's shoulder instead. Cassie stared at the picture for ages, and then her face lifted.
"We used to play a game, where we took the first letter of every word," Cassie said. "He might not be dead yet!"
Lily took the first letter of each word. I am in the Jinsei chamber. Cassie was right, he may not be dead yet. They still had a chance. Lily ran with Cassie, Takeda and Sonya down the dark halls of Shinnok's temple.
"He'll probably be dead," Jax shouted down the halls. Sonya shook her head.
"Well I'm gonnna try," Sonya shouted, "I have nothing to lose,"

Lily, Cassie, Sonya and Takeda sprinted into the Jinsei Chamber. Johnny was tied up with D'Vorah's deadly gloop. Sounds lame, but it was eating away at him, bit by bit. Sonya ran over to Johnny and kissed him on the cheek. "I'm here," she said, smiling. Johnny smiled back, although he looked very in pain.
"Nice of you to join us, Sonya," Shinnok said, yet he had fiery skin and looked corrupted. He looked weird, but it was Shinnok so there was no surprise there. Sonya span around and came face to face with D'Vorah, who released her bees at Sonya. Sonya tried swatting them away, but she couldn't.
"Lily, guess who'll be getting beaten up today!" D'Vorah said, laughing. Lily remembered that she had almost killed D'Vorah, but Takeda had persuaded her to spare her life. Sonya creeped up behind D'Vorah, but D'Vorah span around and grabbed Sonya's arms. "Not this time," D'Vorah said, restraining Sonya.

Lily felt someone grab her arms, restraining her. The person began to whisper in her ear.
"Miss me, Lily?" They asked. Lily felt her stomach do a million twists. She felt herself trembling.
"J... Jade?" Lily asked, hoping the person would reply with 'No, definitely not' but she knew what the reply would be. Lily could recognise that voice anywhere, anytime.
"Ha! Funny! Of course it's me," Jade replied. Lily missed Jade, and so did everyone. Lily whipped around and hugged Jade. Revenant or not, Jade was basically family, and family always come first.
"Let's get you out of here," Jade whispered into Lily's ear. As Lily felt Jade's metallic feeling arms, turning into skin once more.