Chapter 34: What Really Happened

Blaze P.O.V
I shook off my sheets and stood up. I could still smell Lily's perfume floating about. A note propped up on my bedside table caught my attention, and I turned to read it.
"Dear Blaze,
No this isn't some soppy, I don't love you so I've left letter. Sierra just went into labour, so I've taken the ship to see her, I'll be back soon! Love ya! Lily xx"
My mind was interrupted by a clattering outside. All of a sudden the door flew open and a green light shone through. I began to panic and picked up my sword.
"BLAZE," a loud rumbling voice shouted. I stood waiting, until a figure was made up out of the green light. Shang Tsung.
"Is Lily in there?" He asked, making the ground shake with his voice.
"No, what do you want?" I asked, trembling with fear.
"A death, Lily hasn't stopped getting in my way," Shang shouted. Without any fear and any regret, I said this.
"Take me, I'm the one you really want, I betrayed you. Spare Lily, kill me," I declared without thinking. Shang sighed.
"Stop being heroic," he chuckled. Without expecting anything, all of a sudden Shang began to rip my soul out. It was painless, yet it felt like I'd killed a part of Lily too. And that hurt me the most. At least for once I could be the hero.

Anyway, that's the story of how I died. Yep. A tad more heroic than I'd have wished for, but at least Lily is alive for a bit longer.