Chapter 28: Alone? Pfft Noo...

Lily wached the chaos, Sonya ordering people, Johnny helping up the wounded, Shao Kahn disapearing. Lily watched, oblivious of the fireball hurtling towards her. Lily felt someone dive at her stomach, knocking her out of the path of the fireball. Lily opened her eyes and saw Takeda, on top of her. Da ja vu? Takeda stared at Lily.
"Um, thanks," Lily said, she realised she still liked Takeda, just a little. Takeda got up and Jacqui ran towards him.
"Oh how heroic!" Jacqui said, linking arms with Takeda.

Takeda stared at Lily, watching her long, black, slightly wavy hair blow in the wind. Takeda couldn't help still loving her. He didn't know why he had cheated on someone as great as her.
"Jacqui, I don't think this is working out, sorry," Takeda said, still looking at Lily. Jacqui rolled her eyes.
"Player, don't tell me that you still like Lily," Jacqui muttered. Takeda had no words. What if Lily didn't still like him? He couldn't blame her.
"Lily. I need.." Takeda began, being interrupted mid sentence.
"Say no more," Lily said, beginning to kiss Takeda. She had missed it. She could tell he had too.
"Every relationship has its ups and downs, but we have managed to pull through, that's all," Lily said, hugging Takeda, missing his scent. Lily felt a little guilty, since she vowed not to take him back, but what he did was just a mistake, right?

What about Max?
"Lily, I don't think that I like SF and I don't think we are working out either, I'm waiting for a plane back to central America now, bye," Lily's phone read. Lily breathed a sigh of relief, she wouldn't have to break up with Max. Jacqui strutted away. Cassie was arriving, staring at Jacqui.
"Cassie!" Lily said, pulling Cassie in for a hug. Cassie frowned.
"Max left," Cassie said, a tear created in her eye.
"I got back with Takeda too," Lily said. Cassie's eyes widened.
"If you break her a heart again, I swear I will break your back," Cassie threatened, laughing afterwards, even though Lily wasn't sure whether she was joking.
"I..I liked Max," Cassie said. Lily was quite shocked. Cassie was one of those can't be tamed, freespirit ponies, Lily never thought that she would like someone.
"Go get him tiger!" Takeda said, Cassie shook her head as she replied.
"CBA!" Cassie said, putting her arms around Lily and Takeda laughing.

Crimson walked around base, alone. Admiring all the people running around frantically. Crimson walked over to Lily and friends, who was snacking on some carrots.
"I think I'm going to stay with Mileena and Scorpaleena for a while, Skarlet will stay with me too," Crimson announced, Lily crunching into a carrot.
"I want to get to know them, Skarlet and Mileena can bond over how horrid Scorpion is!" Crimson joked. Lily laughed.
"We will all miss you," Lily said. Cassie nodded.
"Yeah!" Takeda said. Kitana and Sonya walked over with Skarlet. They all hugged, a tear dripping down Crimson's cheek.
"I'm gonna miss you all with your dysfunctionalities!" Crimson said, crying.
"Big big word there from Crimson! Congrats!" Cassie joked, laughing loads.