Chapter 24: Destruction And Jealousy

The next day, Lily got shocking news.
"Earthrealm is being attacked, by Shang Tsung, he said that if we're not there, then we will miss a life changing event," Cassie said, whilst getting people into the ship. Lily pushed past the huge crowd of SF to get to her seat. Crap. Sat next to Takeda and Max. Talk about awkward. Lily sat down, and watched Takeda and Max come and sit down.
"What you did to Lily was wrong Takeda," Max said.
"It's fine, don't bring it up," Lily murmered to Max. He shook his head. Takeda didn't answer, he didn't so much as glance towards the two.

After the most awkward plane ride ever, Lily arrived to the smoky, grey skies of central Earthrealm. Lily saw Kintaro burning people and buildings crashing. She also saw Raiden zooming about saving people. And that was what Lily needed to do. Lily saw Shang Tsung on the Golden Gate bridge. She ran, faster than ever, towards him. He began to fight Kitana and Sonya again. Lily saw Sheeva around the side. Lily noticed that everyone here, had been a Kotal Kahn supporter, so they could no longer stay in Outworld with Mileena. So, they were taking Earthrealm as their own.
"Shokan," Lily said, as Sheeva stomped over.
"Helpless one," Sheeva said.
"I believe you are confused," Lily said. Did everyone think of her as the helpless one? Or was Sheeva actually confused? Just as Lily got into fighting stance, she heard Shang Tsung shout.
"DO YOU WANT HIM?" Shang Tsung asked, hearing the crowd return with yes, he began to cast a spell, next to Ermac. Shang wrenched free one of Ermac's souls. A male began to form next to the two. He was stocky and was quite tall and large. Lily recognised that face. Kitana had told her about it. Shao Kahn. The former leader of Outworld. Had been resurrected. One of the deadliest men ever, was back alive. Shao Kahn began to laugh.
"You can't get rid of me so easily!" Shao Kahn belted out. Kitana gasped. Mileena appeared from a portal, dressed head to toe in a kahnum outfit.
"Father," she snarled.
"Mileena? You are empress?" Shao Kahn asked.
"Yes, and it is staying that way," Mileena said. Shao Kahn laughed. Kitana stood by Mileena.
"Kitana, you're fine with this?" Shao Kahn asked, through tears of laughter.
"She fought her way here, she beat Kotal, she can beat you," Kitana said. Just then Sonya, Cassie, Jax and Johnny chained up Shao Kahn's arms and legs. Shao Kahn screamed.
"Get off me, fools," Shao Kahn shouted, as he was thrown into the back of a jail cart.
"Take him now," Sonya ordered. Troops drove Shao Kahn to a maximum security prison, just north of the SF base. 'Easy.' Lily thought. Lily thought that that guy was dangerous, not easily taken to a prison.
"SHAO KAHN MAY BE GONE, THAT DOES NOT MEAN OUTWORLD RESIDENTS ARE," Shang Tsung shrieked. Lily saw a fireball fly towards her, but she felt frozen stiff. All of a sudden, Lily felt someone fly at her legs, to move her out of the way. When Lily opened her eyes, she saw Takeda on top of her. He had saved her.
"Um, Thanks," Lily said, watching Takeda get up.
"No problem, no one should be roasted by a fireball. It is a thank you for saving Jacqui the other day," Takeda said. 'He's shoving the fact that he cares about Jacqui in my face, doesn't matter anyway, I like Max,' Lily thought, she knew it was true.