Chapter 35: Don't Take It Seriously

Lily stepped away from the security footage in horror. Blaze had died for Lily.
"Lily.." Takeda said. Lily began to cry again.
"YOU WOULDNT EVEN STAY WITH ME, AND BLAZE DIED FOR ME, YOU'RE A WIMP," Lily shouted. Takeda thought about it.
"Okay, my Brother was more noble than me. But only for you! He pretended to BE me, he was on Shang Tsung's team, to help torture you, that isn't noble!" Takeda said.
Lily began to weep and ran into Cassie's arms.
"It's okay, darls," Cassie said, hugging Lily tightly.
"Why did Blaze have to go?" Lily asked.
"Everyone goes eventually, it's inevitable," Cassie responded.
"But he could've not gone now, the one time where I need someone to hold at night," Lily sobbed.

Lily unlocked the door to her on site bedroom.
"I'm staying here for the night," Lily said to Cassie who stood at the door.
"Okay, well see you tomorrow," Cassie began.
"Wait-" Lily said.
Cassie stopped and turned around to face Lily.
"Can you stay, just for a bit? I don't feel like being alone," Lily asked. Cassie nodded and came over to sit next to Lily on her bed. Cassie pulled out a tiny flask.
"It might help," Cassie suggested. Lily grabbed the flask and chugged it down. Cassie pulled out another and drank that one herself.

"You know I'm sick of having all this trouble with love," Lily said, slurring her words.
"Like, why can't you not die, or not cheat on me, or not be someone else, is it that hard?" Lily asked. Cassie agreed.
"Maybe you should wait, not jump to going out, but just get to know them first?" Cassie said.
"Yeah, I guess so but," Lily paused.
"I loved them both, and they've both either betrayed me or died, how was I meant to call that?"
Cassie sighed.
"Don't give up on Takeda," Cassie replied.
"Maybe there's someone inside of him, who really loves you," Cassie said, standing up and leaving the room, with an essence of mystery following her.

Lily sat up, 'I must've drifted off' she thought.
"Lily.."
Lily span around, searching for that soft and welcoming voice that she longed to hear.
"Lily I'm sorry,"
Lily turned to the door and saw Blaze standing in the frame.
Lily ran up to kiss him.
"Don't do that, this is a dream," he reassured her.
Blaze's ever-messy hair fell over his forehead.
"I'm sorry, I don't know why I didn't think of you and your feelings, I'm selfish," Blaze said, offering Lily a hug, which she accepted immediately. "I know you are, but that's why I love you," she replied.
"I must go, but honestly I love you, I will always love you," Blaze said, before Lily opened her eyes, and he was gone. Lily saw out of the corner of her eye, the door close.
Someone had been inside her room. And Lily demanded to know who it was.