Chapter 15: Love is the answer

"Wha?" Lily said. Was Jade human again? Only Quan Chi was able to do this, and he was dead. Lily was so puzzled.
"Love," Jade replied. That made sense. Love was the answer. Love is the answer, and has changed Jade back. Everything added up. Jade was human. Jade. Was. Back.

Jade tapped Smoke on his back, he released Takeda from his arms and turned around. Jade gave Smoke a hug and kissed him. Lily watched, as his skin turned back to normal again. Takeda cuddled up to Lily as they watched Smoke and Jade fall back in love all over again.

"Cute," D'Vorah said, leaving Sonya on the floor. She walked over to Jade and Smoke.
"D'Vorah," Jade said, getting her staff out and hitting the ground with it.
"This one lives to serve Shinnok," D'Vorah said, getting a bug out of her chest.
"Not for any longer!" Jade said, beginning to fight with Smoke against D'Vorah. Lily watched as Jade fought with ease. Sonya beckoned Lily and Takeda over.
"We'll free Johnny, Lily, you're capable of defeating Shinnok, go for it," Sonya said. Lily's mouth dropped open. Sonya Blade had just told her that she was capable of defeating an elder God. It seemed impossible, but Lily knew that if she put her mind to it, she could do anything. She walked over to Shinnok, fans in hand, feeling more like her Mother than anytime before.
"Lily," Shinnok said, laughing.
"Here to kick your ass," Lily said, opening her fans. Brandishing them, as if to show that she was dominant. But she didn't feel like it, she felt like the opposite. Scared, nervous and definitely worried, but those emotions didn't matter now.
"Show me," Shinnok said. He shot some lava up into the air, but Lily swiftly dodged it. Lily threw a fan into Shinnok's chest and he roared. It was agony for him. Fans hurt, a lot. Lily flew using her fans, into Shinnok's chest, causing him to fall to the ground. Lily began to create ice under Shinnok, impaling his hand. He shrieked again. Suddenly the ice began to melt.
"Fire always beats ice," Shinnok said, laughing. Lily felt stupid, wasn't that obvious? Well, yeah, it was. And now Lily realised. But that didn't stop her. Nothing could.
"Been in many battles?" Lily heard someone shout. She turned around to see Cassie.
"Yes, a lot, all were won," Shinnok said, keeping his eyes on Lily.
"Then you've heard of the bitch slap," Cassie said, running to Shinnok and punching him. Lily took her chance and sprinted to Shinnok, ripping the amulet out of his chest.
"THIS IS FOR EVERYONE," Lily shouted, as Shinnok began to shriek and wail. She had done it. Shinnok was finally gone. No more elder God. And Jade was back, everything seemed, good. It seemed weird. Unusual. But Lily knew, that nothing stayed normal in Outworld and Earthrealm for long.