Chapter 4

I walked into the hallway and looked down at Niall pacing back and forth looking at his hands. 
"c-could I have a drink " I asked him softly, hoping he wouldn't get mad again

"help yourself babe." 

Niall continued to pace back and forth before walking over to the island and slamming his hand down on it, startling me. "ya know if you just play along I wouldn't have to hurt you." he shouted

I grabbed my cup from one of The cabinets and turned around. "Why can't you understand that I'm not happy!" I shouted back at the same volume as him.

"I don't care if you aren't happy! Why can't you be like everyone else and go along with it?! It'd make life easier for the both of us."

I glared at him, "because what happens to everybody else Niall? Do you let them go? Let them forget? What happens once they play along and it's all over?"

He fidgeted with the gun in his hands, twirling it thinking of how to answer.

"How many people has that gun killed that just 'played along with it' ?" I asked putting air quotes around the last part.

"To many to count.." He trailed off. I filled my glass with water, before chugging it down trying to calm myself.

"That's sick." I said slamming my cup back down on the counter, a crack coursing down the side of it from my force.

"you're just sick." I growled

"Don't fucking talk to me like that." he pushed me up against the counter,  "Say one more word to me like that and you won't be as lucky as the last time." he whispered harshly. I gazed into his eyes, and sucked in a breath, holding it until  Niall backed away and put the gun on the counter before walking up to his room and slamming the door.
I let out the air, my lungs relaxing once more. 

I grabbed the gun and examined it, scared as to how many people's lives this small contraption ended.

I should've gotten rid of this gun when I had the chance last night. Though he probably has like a billion more he wouldn't hesitate to use to kill me if I broke his 'first gun' I swear earlier he was talking about it like it was some piece of art or his child or something.

I bit my lip hard, trying to suppress a scream. I didn't belong here, all I wanted to do was go get some milk for dinner and I end up being kidnapped, watch my dad die an then I get death threats. I slowly crept upstairs, knowing I was making a stupid choice, but I kept going. I stood outside of his doorway preparing to knock. I raised my hand up to the door and held it there,

should I?

I knocked.

Oops to late now.

I heard the sound of a latch and not long after Niall opene the door, his hair that was once pushed up in to a quiff was forced down under a beanie. "What?" He snapped

"I-what so you need my for?" I said trying to come off as confident, I truly wanted to know, why was I still here?

His body relaxed slightly

"We'll cross the bridge wen we get there." He said before shutting the door, but I put my foot in stopping it. I winced, not realising he used  so much power shutting the door.

"Niall." I said pushing through the small crack my foot had made and stepping inside.

"You can't keep me here, and I refuse to be like the other people you used and shot." I said crossing my arms.

"you refuse eh?" he chuckled

"yea." I said quietly

"alright, well like I said we'll cross that bridge when we come to it." he said through gritted teeth. "now get out of my room."