Chapter 10

**
I walked down stairs to the kitchen in just gray sweatpants

"is dinner ready?" I said

"almo-" she turned around and looked at me from head to toe and back again "st..." she turned back around quickly. I chuckled and poured myself a glass of milk

Wendy cut the steak and set it in a plate, handing it to me. I set the plate down on the bar and grabbed a fork from one of the drawers before digging in. Wendy sat beside me and began eating.

"Are you not cold?" She murmured, referring to my bare torso.

I shook my head no. "It's pretty warm in the house. She nodded a deep shade red before going back to we food. I laughed at her quietly before grabbing the remote and turning on the TV.

"Local school was bombed, Niall Horan is the culprit, we are still unsure of what his plan is but we saw him with a girl-"

I quickly turned off the TV, not wanting to hear it, also knowing Wendy would try and have a long conversation which I was not in the mood for.

she opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out. she looked down at her food and took another bite.

"it'll be alright." I whispered

"no it won't." she said back

"It's always been alright before" I said putting my plate in the sink, and finishing off the rest if my milk.

She rolled her eyes "but before had you bombed a whole primary school, ran over people, shot that many kids and out everything around the area in to flames?" She asked

"Yes, and much worse" I said calmly. "And nothing bad has ever happened"

"Nothing bad has every happened?!" She asked shocked by my statement.

I nodded "that's what I said"

"So many innocent people died today, an area of town was destroyed an you've been to jail countless times and everything is fine?"

"It not that bad" I mumbled "it's happened before people die"

She pushed her plate aside and ran upstairs, leaving The remainder of her food aside

I slumped down against the fridge I put my arms on my knees and threw my head down

"what're you doing Niall." I said quietly to myself. I got up and walked up to her room

"princess don't be like that." I knocked softly

"Go away" she said from the other side of the door.

"Watch it" I warned again before softening and sitting beside her on the bed.

I wrapped my arms around her, giving her a hug.

"I think it's time for sleep" I said resting my head on her shoulder.

"We could both use it, yeah?"

she nodded into my chest and cuddled into me

"goodnight princess" I whispered