Chapter 43

*Flashback, a couple years before*

*emilys pov*
"Shit, I'm sorry!" I said kneeling down in front of the boy I'd just knocked in to, picking up my bags and the stuff that had fallen out of it. 

"Victoria's Secret?" He question grabbing some yoga pants that said PINK across the butt.

I grabbed the clothing from him and put it in the bag.

"Ya I don't really get much from there, they just have nice tights and-

"And bras?" He question holding up and laced light pink bra.

"Yeah that too" I said blushing  

"it's nice." he said with a smirk. 

I blushed even more and grabbed the lingerie from him and shoved it in the bag. I mumbled a sorry and walked off. 

he grabbed my arm "w-wait, you're Emily right? you go to ballet school down the street yeah?" 

"y-yeah..." I smiled a little. why was I being so shy? 

"are you going to Mikey's party tonight?" he had a deep British accent and literally the hottest fucking smile

"yup." 

"well then I'll see you tonight, Emily." he smiled 

"see ya." I said and walked off

*harolds pov weyhey*

I walked down the street, shoving my way through the people in the New York traffic.

"Aye watch where your going, son of a bitch" 

I laughed turning around "hey Liam, what are you doing here? You don't come around then ballet studio"

"And it still amazes me why you do" he replied laughing.

"Girls in tight leotards should be a good excuse"

He nodde "good point"

"So what are you doing around here?" I asked striding back towards him.

"Walking back from Todd's, you'll never believe what he heard"

"What?" I asked, fiddling with my coat, looking for the pocket in the left side.

"Don't be a dick, give me one too" Liam said holding out his hand. I rolled my eyes, pulling out the small box of cogerettes, opening it up and handing him one before grabbing one for myself.

"Lighter?"

I nodded, going through the back pocket of my jeans and pulling out a small red lighter. I took off my gloves, putting the cigarette in my mouth and cupping my hands to keep in the heat. The cigarette lit and I pulled it out of my mouth, taking a deep breath and putting it back in and handing the lighter to Liam.

"So? What'd you hear?"

"Ya know Nialls bird?"

"Niall.... Niall"

"Niall Horan dipshit"

"Oh yeah! Horans girl, what about her?"

"Well his best mate zayn told Dan who told Peter who told Todd that he's thinking about sending her here to the ballet school for awhile "

I laughed "the girl he turned soft for? He's sending her away? Bet he's trying to grow some again"

"Apparently he scared her" Liam said taking a puff.  "So he's giving her some space for a bit"

"And you're down here because?"

"I'm going to find out which dorm he's gotten for her"

I nodded "uhm... Why?"

"Think of it as a little payback"

"Payback for...?"

"Haven't heard the story yet?"

"Well I've heard several, can't he sure which is true. " I said leaning against the brick wall of Starbucks.

"Let's get some coffee, and I'll tell you inside."

I pulled the cigarette out of my mouth and followed behind him, blowing the object in my hand out and crushing it against the building before putting it in an ash tray. Liam had already gone inside and was ordering us a drink while I took a seat at a table in the corner of the shop.

Liam came back, handing me a drink before sitting down himself.

"When I was younger, 14 or 15 Niall and I were in what we called a gang. Of course we didn't do much except for steal food and everything else we needed to get by. Of course several of the other people in our group all blame It to someone else, but I see I as Nialls fault, of course he didn't know is much as we did , him being the youngest in the group, but you'd hope a 13 year old would grow up a bit faster in the situation we were in, yeah?"

I nodded, taking a sip of my drink. "So? You had a group and he started something? What's this got to do with payback?"

"That's where the rest of the story continues, be patient."

I took my coat off, resting it on the side of my chair.

"Well? Have at it, go on."

"My sister, Nicole was in the group with us, and a few other people but they're irrelevant as of this point. Anyways, Nicole was the only family I had left, and her and Louis were the oldest out of all of us. They kind of took care of us, though Louis was the oldest, so he was the boss and he had favourites and his favourite just so happened to be Niall"

"Louis? As in Louis tomlinson? Nialls best mate?"

Liam sighed "that'd be him. So when Niall wanted to have more Louis was the first to agree. Niall wasn't always the most sneaky, though as you can see that's changed since he's blown up half of Britain."

"Yeah..."

"Moving on, they'd go on several trips and gather more things for all of us, and usually they'd get away with it, but once they were caught, and my friend sabastian was arrested. Niall could have easily saved him, but he didn't 'like' sabastian and saw him 'as a threat' to our group. The only friend I had left was a girl, roughly my age and nicole. Our little group was divided, but the leader was still Louis and we couldn't do much to change what louis said so after sabastian was gone louis decided to just kill everyone that saw us afterwards and it worked for a long time, but it was impractical.. And all im practicalities end. We were in a museum, for god knows what, Niall said he liked a painting or some shit and we went in. I was the guard outside, and I waited, keeping watch. I didn't see much, all I know is that they were still inside"

"Who was inside? What happened?" I asked leaning in to the middle of the table, urging him to continue.

"Niall had set off an alarm- being his clumsy self- and the police came, so many people came. I hid outside behind a tree so I wouldn't get caught and texted, using the phone we had stolen, to text Louis and tell them they were here. Louis had figured outhow to create bombs, and he had brought one along on the trip. He planted it inside and got Niall out, but not my sister and my only other friend. I heard them screaming, but Niall had pushed me back before I could run inside. The entire building exploded, and everyone inside died."

"What'd you do?"

"I couldn't do naything, so I screamed at them, on my knees crying my eyes out. Louis pulled me on to my feet and told me to be a man. I couldn't think of much else to do, so i punched him. Wasn't the best idea, because he kicked me back on to the ground and best me as Niall watched."

He stopped talking, rolling up his sleeve to sow his bicep, covered on it was a scar, a line across his muscle that looked like an old cut mark. 

"When he was on to of me punching me his switch blade accidentally cut me. There's another under my ribs."

He looked down, refusing to make eye contact with me. A beam of sunlight stretched across his face from the window next to us. 

"I knew he never liked me that much, but I didn't realise the reason he'd never bothered punching me before was because my sister was there. Of course it's no lie that of he ever touched me she wouldn't be his fuck buddy any more."

I looked at him confused "were they together?"

"Hardly, Nicole let him practically rape her so that he wouldn't kill me, why he hated me so nuch? Only god knows. The ambulance showed up, and before they saw louis or Niall Louis grabbed Nialls arm and ran away. Niall gave me a few kicks to the stomach and left."

"Look mate I'm so sorry I-"

"They wouldn't have died if Niall didn't become greedy, if the power hadn't gone to his head.Niall and Fucking Louis"

"What's this got to do with the girl? What about louis?"