chapter 26

*nialls POV*
Wendy walked in to the house stretching "I'm tired" she yawned.
I wrapped my arms around her waist, leaning my forehead against hers. 
"Why don't you get ready for bed, and I'll run to the bank and he back before you go to sleep, alright princess?" 
She nodded, smiling widely, before she pulled herself away from my grip and walked up the steps to our room. Once she was out of sight and made sure my wallet was in my back pocket before heading over to the small wooden table in the hallway by the door, pulling out the middle drawer and grabbing my gun and small pocket knife, before heading back towards the door. 
"I'll be back soon, Wendy!" I called, not waiting for an answer before I headed out, walking to the black range rover before driving, with the traffic in LA it'd be a perfect commotion, so no one would hear. No one would see. I secured my black beanie over my head, before stepping out of the car, walking up the cobble stoned steps to my house. The large White House stood at the end of a long driveway, and though the house was a good bit away from the main road, a gunshot would easily be heard, though it was Friday so I'm sure the hooting of cars and music from clubs would cover it up.
I walked up the steps before knocking on the black double doors, before leaning against the frame and holding my gun tightly I my hand, it being level to my stomach, so I would have a perfectly good shot at the persons rib cage. I girl maybe 13 or 14 answered the door, one head phone plugged in to her ear, a pink wire going to her phone, Justin bieber on the front.
She stared a me for a good minute, her eyes going from my face to the gun.
"Are you going to let me in?"
She shook her head nervously "uhm I don't think that's a very good idea"
I put my foot in the door before she could close it. Narrowing my eyes at her I pushed her back against the wall, letting myself in.
"Have fun at the Justin bieber concert this summer?" I asked, using my free hand to wrap around her neck, allowing a limited amount of air.
She Began coughing, trying to push me away.
"H-how'd y-you k-now?" She huffed out, still struggle in my grip.
"Darling who do you think payed for all of that?"
She stayed quiet, her face turning purple, I let go, watching as she fell to the ground breathing hard. "I think you should work on your door manners" I said before continuing to walk towards the kitchen, where Nicholas sat with his wife and son.
"Ah Nick,
How nice to see you again!" I stated cheerfully, twirling the gun on my index finger. "You have such a beautiful family!" I pulled out a chair for myself on the dining room table across from him.
"Ooh what's for dinner?"
They stayed quiet, staring at me fearfully.
"I asked a question" I stated impatiently.
"L-lasagna" Nicks wife said.
"Oh lovely I would love some!" 
I watched as she got up, getting a clean plate from the cabinet before placing some lasagna on it and setting it In front of my with a fork.
"Why are you here, Niall? Shouldn't you be with your newest toy? What is she this time? A stripper?" 
My grip on the fork tightened, my knuckles going white.
"What the fuck did you just say about her?" 
I asked, pointing my gun straight at his head.
He cowered back, closing his eyes tightly. "If you shoot you won't know where everything is"
I turned my gun to point at his son, maybe 8 or 9? Who cares.
"Daddy it's like in the cowboy movies where-"
I didn't let him finish, before I pushed down on the trigger, watching as the small boy fell to the ground, his blonde hair sweeping over his eyes. His mother screamed running over to his side.
"AIDEN! AIDEN PLEASE WAKE UP!" She wailed, shaking the boy.
I pointed my gun at her, before motioning for her to go back to her seat. 
"IM not leaving him" she mumbled, holding aidens body in her hand. I rolled my eyes "you're all just making this harder on yourself"
She didn't move. Everyone stayed  silent.
"Great lasagna by the way, it's delicious" and with that, 2 bodies were down. 
"I know your standing there" I said, turning around to see the girl that had answered the door  Was standing behind me.
"Maybe you should be more quiet next time?" 
She gulped, attempting to wipe away her tears before nodding. "Why don't you sit down?" I asked, motioning to the seat next to her father. she stayed still. 
"Oh excuse me, where are my manners?" I got up from my own chair and opened the one I wanted her to sit in.
"Sit."
She obliged, walking over to the chair and sitting down, before I pushed her in.
"What's your name darling?" I asked, emptying 3 bullets from my gun and setting them on the table beside her.
"S-Selena"
"Well Selena, how are you liking this new sweater? Louis Vuitton is lovely, isn't it? I hear the store here In Beverly hills is amazing"
"I-I like it"
I stayed quiet for a minute, as I started slowly circling the table, making sure to keep a steady watch on them. 
"IM waiting for my thank you"
"My dad bought it  for me, why would I thank you?"
"Who's money do you think it was? Your dads? Sweet heart your dad owes me a lot of money."
"N-no he doesn't!" She snapped.
Where the hell did she get this attitude? Someone just got on my bad side.
"Lets play a game, shall we? I have 1 bullet left In here. I'll ask your father a question. Each one wrong, I'll shoot, if you refuse to answer, I'll shoot you, hopefully you'll get one of the empty things and none will come out, but eventually, one will come out, and when it does, you're gone" I whispered the last part, smirking. "Got it?" 
Nick and Selena nodded, before I asked the first question. "So where's all my money, nick? It's been what.. 13 years since you asked me to help pay for her because you couldn't? Where's my money? You were supposed to pay me back."
"I did!" He exclaimed, not daring to make eye contact. I pulled the trigger and Selena head, it made a clicking noise but nothing fired. I sighed "you're lucky this time, lets hope your dad has better answers, wouldn't want anything happening to that pretty little face of yours, would we?"
She shook her head, staring straight ahead as a few tears steamed down her cheeks.
"Where's the safe"
"U-upstairs In my office" 
I smiled "now we're getting somewhere nick! Ok next question, what's the password?"
He took a deep breath in, staring at the empty plate in front of him.
"2397" 
"Nice job!" I smiled, before resting my gloved fingers on to the trigger and shooting the girl, this time something came out.
"Wow second time is a charm"
He stood up abruptly, catching his daughter, the blood from her head staining her blonde hair.
"I answere the questions! That's not how to game worked!"
"Sorry it slipped!"  I said, smirking, placing my gun down, an putting the 3 bullets I had taken out back in.
"Anyways it my game so I can do that. I always win."
Nick put Selena back in te chair, the struggle for her to breath stopped, her pulse stopped, and her eyes shut she was dead.
"Ok chubby, she's dead now, you can sit you ass back down"
Hastily, he leaned back down to his chair, his posture straighter than before.
"Ya know ginger, you remind me a lot of how they described Santa, when I was younger he would always bring me these awesome presents, was really religious, was a red head, rosy red cheeks, a beard, short, chubby, all of that shit. He wanted to the best for the elves,like you with your children, he was my childhood and every Christmas I'd look forward to, tryin to catch him coming down the chimney, I looked up to him because I wanted to know.. How could one he so nice? So forgiving? He was me idol! And then once me parents died.. He stopped coming.. He forgot about me, I was the child who was alone for Christmas, the same fast food every night, entirely alone with nothing. And then I came to terms that Santa was nothing but a sick joke. All the shows are fucking lies. Santa is a fake, kind of like you." I stepped closer to him, so he was within arms reach.
"And ya know what, Nicholas? I fucking hate Santa." And with that I placed my arms around his neck, snapping it all the way around before running up the stairs to the large house to his office, putting in the password to the safe and taking valuable things and money, stuffing it in to my pockets and Going bak downstairs, taking bracelets and such of their wrists and cleaning blood off the wooden floor, stuffing the bodies in the closet, thankful I had worn gloves to cover my tracks I left, leaving the now empty large White House at te end of the street to rot.
**
I got into the house and shut the door
"honey, im home!" I smiled to myself. I heard a groan from upstairs
"shit im sorry babe" I said when I walked into her room. I cupped her face in my hands and kissed her
she hummed "why are you so happy?"
"no reason. listen im gonna take a shower and I'll be back babe" I kissed her again but a bit longer and went off to the shower I set my wallet back down on one of the bedside tables and stepped in the shower, scrubbing off blood that had gotten on to wrists and stuff. Soon getting out, I wrapped a towel around my waist ad stepped back in to the bedroom.
"So Wendy.. We've known each other for a while now and-"
"Niall if I open my eyes you better not be down on one knee" 
I laughed "no! I was just asking if I had to go through the trouble of putting on clothes"
"Oh my god Niall, just get on boxers and go to sleep it's midnight" 
"But that's so much work!" I complained.
"IM giving you to the count of three"
I smirked, lying down on top of her and moving my towel.
"Niall get your naked arse off of me" she giggled trying to push me off.
"Dear gosh I swear I will dress you myself"
I rolled off of her so I sat next to her, putting my arms behind my head and relaxing.
"Come to think of it that sounds pretty nice"
She cracked one of her eyes open, watching as I winked at her, before crossing my legs. She sighed rolling out of bed and grabbing some boxers from the top drawer before throwing it at me, screaming and covering her eyes as she did so.
"Princess I don't care if you see"
"Oh my god ew no"
It was quiet for a moment, as I twirled the boxers in my hand.
"Niall, please out some clothes on"
"Can I get a kiss first"
"Meanies don't get kissed"
I laughed, leaning over and pulling her on top of me.
sHe squealed, trying to climb off.
"No no no no" I chuckled, keeping her in place. 
She looked at me "what do you wantttt" she whined, still trying to wriggle free.
I puckered my lips leaning in.
"No, Niall"
"Then I guess I'm sleeping naked" I shrugged, flinging the boxers at James and turning off the light.
I kept her close to me, laughing as she tried to move away
*next afternoon*
wendy and I sat in the basement as she watched me work out. 
"so princess, what did you want to be when you grew up?" I asked. she looked down at her phone. 
"uhh I wanted to be a dancer. my recital was in about a week until you...we met." she said. making the last bit more quiet
"a dancer? what kind of dancer?" wendy didn't seem like the dancing type, I thought maybe more a writer.
"I wanted to be with the boys and girls club in NYC and there was supposed to be a scout there and stuff..." a tear ran down her cheek. I put down the weights and walked over to her
"don't cry wendy." I wiped the tear with the pad of my thumb. she took her bottom lip between her teeth. I kissed her slowly. 
"im so sorry." I whispered. she nodded in response. 
I took my hand off her cheek and walked over to the excercise equipment. 
"niall what're you doing." she asked
"making dreams come true." I pushed all the benches and weights and mats to the side so that the space was a clear black floor and a mirror.
"here's your dance room." I smiled, admiring my work "now show me your dance" 
"niall, I don't have shoes." she said like it was obvious
"right...well uh..." I walked over to the little shelf on the other wall and got some black tape that was meant for your hands for boxing but could be used for feet.
"here." I handed her the roll of tape and she smiled up at me. she wrapped the black material around her feet
"we'll get you some shoes tomorrow." I stated "now show me!!" she stood up on from the stairs as I sat down and jumped up onto her toes. she put her hair up in a bun and took off her jacket and shorts so all she was wearing was leggings and a tank. 
she looked over and smiled at me. she took a few steps to the right so that she was at the back of the room opposite the mirror.
"sit against the mirror." she instructed and I obliged
" I don't have any music-" 
"just do it!" I clapped
she took a breath and started the dance
**
"woah." I sat there in awe as she
twirled around for the 6th time and then leaped down into the splits and was finished.
she took a few breaths before getting up slowly and smiling at me.
"that was...amazing." I smiled and started clapping 
"bravo!" she giggled and sat down in my lap and put either knee on my sides so she was straddling me.
"thank you very much." she smiled kissed me. 
my phone vibrated and I looked down at it.
"who's that?" wendy asked sadly, knowing our moment had to end.
"no one, its an alarm...I gotta go babe." I picked her up off of me and kissed her. she stood up and watched me as I ran down the stairs. 
"you're sexy as fuck by the way" I called up the stairs and gave her a wink. 

*wendys pov* 
I giggled at nialls comment and walked over to the window, pushing back the curtain a bit with my finger. I took down my hair and ran my fingers through it over to the left side. I watched through the window as niall got into his car and sped off.
I walked back up the steps, stretching out my legs, seeing as I hadn't danced in quite awhile. I took the tape off my feet, and heading upstairs.
Not really knowing what to do, I roamed around the house, I hadn't really looked around yet, I knew where the kitchen, guest rooms and TV and stuff but there's so many damn rooms. I walke down the hallways, most of the doors led to closets, all empty. I honestly don't know why we need such a big house, it's not like we have friends.
That's sounds really sad. 
Maybe we should try and associate with the outside world. 
I continued walking down the halls, exploring around the rooms, all empty. James followed behind me, causing me to trip a few times. Finally I got to the end of the hall, large double doors, so the room must be pretty big. Using a bobby pin in my hair to unlock the door, I pushed it open. Papers where pinned against walls, folders scattered over a giant desk, string connected different pictures, people had large 'x' over their face along with bracelets and other jewels on shelves. I walked around, scanning over everything. Drawers held different profiles, and out of curiosity I opened one.

Nathaniel Marsters
28 years old
Location; Madrid, Spain
Loaned; €20,000
Repayed.

A small photo of a man, a little older than Niall was stapled to the folder it was in. Does Niall keep track of all of this?

I put the folder back in the drawer and picked up another. 

John Thornbury.

Wait that my dad.

I opened it up and looked over it.

John Thornbury
51 Years Old.
Location; London, England
Lawyer
Loaned; house loan, wedding money, education, drug money, taxes

•daughter; Wendy Thornbury -Secondary school education + primary school, dancing lessons payed.  
•wife; Madeline Thornbury- owes money for hospital expenses.
-passed payment deadline
John Thornbury; Terminated. March 13,2013

I looked over at the picture attached to all the files, a picture of me, my dad and my mum, along with several other of me and my dad, showing occasions where I guess his money was used to pay So Nialls known about me for a while... Everything I had was technically his?
I gulped, putting the file away. 

I went to the two that were open on the desk.

Nicholas Newton
42 Years Old
Location; Los Angeles, California USA
Communications centre google.
Loaned; education, birthday present, house + $20,000 personal use.
Daughter- Selena Newton; payed for Justin bieber concert
Terminated; September 1, 2013

I giant 'x' was placed across the picture of the whole family. 

September 1st was yesterday...

I looked  at the file next to it, opening it up.

Alexander James, Luna White & Xavier Smith.
18, 15, 21
Drug dealers
Location; Los Angeles, California USA
Loaned; money for drugs, house, car + $12,000
Terminated: Sept. 2, 2013

No 'x' was placed across the faces of a young girl, and 2 boys, but the date of their supposed death was today.

And some man died yesterday.

So Niall was... That's where he's going.

I fumbled for my phone which I had dropped I the floor, before dialing Nialls number.

He answered on the third ring.
"Everything alright, princess?"
"Niall come home now." I demanded my voice shaking.
"What's wrong?" He asked confused
"Niall you promise we'd start over! Not continue  What we did in europe!"I exclaimed, my knuckles gripping on to the chair beside me.
It was quiet for a moment. "What have you been doing?" He growled angrily.
"Where are you?"
"Answer my question."
"Niall. Come. Back."
"I'll be back in an hour or so, fuck Wendy I can't leave you alone for 2 minutes without you looking through everything."
I looked around the walls of the office, thinking of what to say.
Plans were written everywhere
-kill the prime minister- Success!

I helped with that one...
I started crying quietly.
"Why?" I whispered.
"It's my job, Wendy, this is how I get money, I then help people be successful and when they are I want my money back, if by the date they don't have it, they go." 
I dropped the phone to the ground,
'they go'
a tear slid down my cheek again. 
"wendy?" I heard him say "wendy? princess what happend?" I picked it up and said "I gotta go.." barely audible and hit the disconnect button. I pushed James away and ran back to my room. I looked at all of nialls things scattered around the floor. I picked it all up and through it in the bathroom, shutting the door and locking it from the outside so that I didn't have to see it. I laid on the bed and pulled the white douve over my head.

**

"wendy." niall yelled up the stairs
I stayed quiet, curling up in to a ball on the ground and leaning against the door. Not soon after Niall was pounding o the door.
"Wendy open this fucking door right now or god help me I will knock it down."
I stayed quiet, hoping he'd think I wasn't in her.
"Wendy what's wrong, c'mon princess, just open the door."
Tears  slipped down my cheek, but I stayed quiet.
BAM
The door busted down, now on the ground. Niall stood in the doorway angry, his knuckles bloody.
"Go away!" I mumbled, m arms squeezing around my legs. If I ran he'd easily catch me. 
He sat beside me, wrapping his ARms around my shoulders.
"Wendy.. What's going on"
I winced, trying to move away, staying silent.
I succeeded and moved onto the ground, cowering in the corner. 
"what the fuck." niall mumbled "whats wrong?" he growled. I stayed silent and put my head in-between my knees.
"Niall you promised, you weren't going to kill people and we'd start new! You can't just go taking people's lives! They had families and future! The people you killed today... One if them was younger than me!"
He rolle his eyes "Wendy I'll say it once and I'll say it again, everyone has uncles, aunts, cousins, mums, dads but they still die! Bad things happen" 
"Killing people isn't a hobby Niall! You can't do it when you feel like it! One girl was 15"
"And I've killed infants, it doesn't matter Wendy! You've seen me do it before"
"But this time you lied Niall... You lied to me, and you're scaring me now"
*nialls pov Yay* 
I stood still at her last words 
'you're scaring me'
"im...sc-scaring you?" I said quietly
she nodded slowly as tears slid down her cheeks
I pulled her closer to me, attempting to comfort her. "Princess I-"
She pusher off and scoots away from me.
"No Niall, go away"
"Wendy-"
"No!" She screamed, glaring at me, using her hand to push me away it I came any closer.
I looked at we in disbelief, not daring to cry. I bit my lip.
"Wendy please don't be afraid.. Angel.. Baby I need you, please sunshine, I Don't know what is do with you-"
"Go away" she commanded, cutting me off. "Just go"
I raised my hand, watching her cower back.
"Y-you thought I was goin to hurt you?"
She shut her eyes, boring slightly.
"I was just getting up"
I mumbled, before standing and slowly walking out 

url   <------ click